- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: DVD
- SKU: MVD5540D
- UPC: 760137554097
- Street Date: 12/11/12
- PreBook Date: 10/16/12
- Label: SEMINAL FILMS »
- Genre: Horror
- Run Time: 96 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 2012
- Director: Tom Conyers
- Producers: Mark White
- Actors: Anna Burgess, Clint Dowdell, Colin MacPherson, Lee Mason
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: NORTH AMERICA
When Vampirism sweeps across the world, who can you trust?
- List Price: $19.95
- Your Price: $14.96
- In Stock: YES
As a wave of vampirism sweeps across the world, a small but discordant group hole up in a rural house. There, they discover a vampire has also taken refuge. He offers them a deal: if they protect him during the day, he''ll protect them from other vampires at night. So begins an uneasy alliance which soon threatens to tear apart.
- A two-page feature article on the film with ten stills will appear in the French horror magazine L'Ecran Fantastique.
- Winner of 'Best International Film' and 'Best Special Visual Effects' at Buffalo Screams Horror Film Festival
- Social Media campaign promoting the film to fans on Facebook, Twitter, and more via splash page, contests, commenting, etc.
- Official Selection: Revelation Perth International 2012
- National Publicity Campaign targeting the top 100+ horror and film writers in the country.
- Winner of 'Best Feature Film': DC Independent Film Festival, Seattle True Independent Film Festival
Australia has a pretty kick-ass vampire film on the way in The Caretaker.
—Doctor Gash , DREAD CENTRAL
The Caretaker is a horror film that I would recommend not only to horror fans, but also to movie fans in general. The film looks good, the acting is solid all around, and the fact that Conyers took a familiar premise and attempted to do something different with it makes it all the more worthy of note. It's one of those movies where you can sit back and enjoy the scenes of quiet character development just as much as you can enjoy the scenes with suspense-filled terror.
—Allen Almachar, THE MACGUFFIN
Imagine Night Of The Living dead crossed with No Exit, gorgeously shot, and shot through with humor so cutting it hurts. That's The Caretaker, the latest proof that vampires are immortal in art. It explores the infuriating tragedy of what makes us human, while delivering a viscerally raw experience in finely calibrated doses. I can't wait to see where Tom Conyers takes me next.
—Jorge Saralegui, Executive Producer of Independence Day, Speed, +
The only thing that sparkles in new Aussie vampire film THE CARETAKER is its general brilliance.