- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: BLU-RAY DISC
- SKU: AV438
- UPC: 760137856696
- Street Date: 04/12/22
- PreBook Date: 03/08/22
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Run Time: 102 mins
- Number of Discs: 2
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1987
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot:
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Peter Weller
- Actor: Nancy Allen
- Actor: Ronny Cox
- Actor: Kurtwood Smith
- Actor: Miguel Ferrer
- Actor: Ray Wise
- Actor: Dan O'Herlihy
- Director: Paul Verhoeven
- Director: Paul Verhoeven
Robocop UHD Steelbook [Limited Edition]
The future of law enforcement
- List Price: $49.95
- Your Price: $49.95
- In Stock: -207
You must login to place orders.
RoboCop, from Orion Pictures, marked director Paul Verhoeven's (Flesh + Blood) Hollywood debut and instantly became an enduring sci-fi/action classic when it landed in theaters in the summer of 1987. Verhoeven's peerlessly exciting and kinetic visuals were matched by a sharp script, iconic cast and exceptional special effects by Rob Bottin (The Thing) and Phil Tippett (The Empire Strikes Back). The film takes place in Detroit in the not-too-distant future. Heroic cop Alex Murphy (Peter Weller, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai) is gunned down in the line of duty, only to be resurrected as RoboCop - a cybernetic mix of spare human parts and Motor City steel, and the latest defense against crime designed by the all-powerful OCP Corporation. As RoboCop's memories of his former life as Murphy resurface, only his ex-partner (Nancy Allen, Dressed To Kill) stands beside him to fight against the vicious thugs responsible for his death, as well as a nefarious top-level OCP executive orchestrating the chaos from above. Unsurpassably thrilling, unexpectedly moving and unforgettably hilarious in equal measure, the future of law enforcement is back in a definitive 4K UHD Blu-ray presentation packed with hours of bonus features and exclusive collectable packaging.
- 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY STEELBOOK EDITION CONTENTS
- 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative by MGM, transferred in 2013 and approved by director Paul Verhoeven
- Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut of the film on two 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray discs with Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Original lossless stereo and four-channel mixes plus DTS-HD MA 5.1 and Dolby Atmos surround sound options on both cuts
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on both cuts
- 44-page Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Omar Ahmed, Christopher Griffiths and Henry Blyth
- DISC ONE – DIRECTOR’S CUT
- Commentary by director Paul Verhoeven, executive producer Jon Davison and co-writer Ed Neumeier (originally recorded for the Theatrical Cut and re-edited in 2014 for the Director’s Cut)
- Commentary by film historian Paul M. Sammon
- Commentary by fans Christopher Griffiths, Gary Smart and Eastwood Allen
- The Future of Law Enforcement: Creating RoboCop, an interview with co-writer Michael Miner
- RoboTalk, a conversation between co-writer Ed Neumeier and filmmakers David Birke (writer of Elle) and Nicholas McCarthy (director of Orion Pictures’ The Prodigy)
- Truth of Character, an interview with star Nancy Allen on her role as Lewis
- Casting Old Detroit, an interview with casting director Julie Selzer on how the film’s ensemble cast was assembled
- Connecting the Shots, an interview with second unit director and frequent Verhoeven collaborator Mark Goldblatt
- Analog, a featurette focusing on the special photographic effects, including new interviews with Peter Kuran and Kevin Kutchaver
- More Man Than Machine: Composing RoboCop, a tribute to composer Basil Poledouris featuring film music experts Jeff Bond, Lukas Kendall, Daniel Schweiger and Robert Townson
- RoboProps, a tour of super-fan Julien Dumont’s collection of original props and memorabilia
- 2012 Q&A with the Filmmakers, a panel discussion featuring Verhoeven, Davison, Neumeier, Miner, Allen, star Peter Weller and animator Phil Tippett
- RoboCop: Creating A Legend, Villains of Old Detroit, Special Effects: Then & Now, three archive featurettes from 2007 featuring interviews with cast and crew
- Paul Verhoeven Easter Egg
- Four deleted scenes
- The Boardroom: Storyboard with Commentary by Phil Tippett
- Director’s Cut Production Footage, raw dailies from the filming of the unrated gore scenes, presented in 4K (SDR)
- Two theatrical trailers and three TV spots
- Extensive image galleries
- DISC TWO – THEATRICAL CUT
- Commentary by director Paul Verhoeven, executive producer Jon Davison and co-writer Ed Neumeier (originally recorded for Theatrical version of the film)
- Two Isolated Score tracks (Composer’s Original Score and Final Theatrical Mix)
- Edited-for-television version of the film, featuring alternate dubs, takes and edits of several scenes (95 mins, SD only)
- Split screen comparisons between the Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut, and the Theatrical Cut and edited-for-TV version
- RoboCop: Edited for Television, a compilation of alternate scenes from two edited-for-television versions, including outtakes newly transferred in HD from recently unearthed 35mm elements
- On dozens of lists of the Best Sci Fi film, Best Films of the 80s, and The New York Times listed it as one of the Best Films of All Time
- Certified Fresh and listed as one of 200 Essential Films by Rotten Tomatoes
- Won an Oscar, swept the Saturn Awards and collected 11 international awards and 13 nominations
- First Global 4K UHD release of one of the greatest Sci-Fi Action films of All Time
This new Arrow release offers solid technical merits and a really engaging array of supplements, along with some very handsome packaging. Highly recommended.
Arrow Video's Limited Edition release of RoboCop gives the film plenty of added value with a bevy of bonus materials and a great transfer... This is about as definitive as RoboCop gets on home video. Highly recommended.
—The Digital Bits
This gnarly, amazing, quasi-hypocritical action thriller has been outfitted with an improved transfer and a superb bounty of extras. I'd buy that for a dollar.
RoboCop is a thriller with a difference
—Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
Arrow Video bumps yet another of its top special edition titles up to 4K Ultra HD, just for home theater enthusiasts after the best and brightest of big screen experiences. The movie looks better than ever
—Glenn Erickson, Trailers From Hell
Robocop makes its way to 4K UHD via a spectacular release from Arrow Video that looks and sounds solid and comes with an extensive amount of extras that leave no stone unturned, highly recommended.
—Michael Den Boer, 10K Bullets
RoboCop stands as one of the ‘80s most noteworthy documents.
—Matt Paprocki, Doblu
RoboCop is a masterpiece
—Joe Corey, Inside Pulse
Worth the upgrade.
Paul Verhoven’s masterpiece ROBOCOP makes its 4K UHD disc with Dolby Vision Encoding for BOTH CUTS OF THE FILM. Arrow Video’s upgrade makes all the right moves making this one of the best releases of 2022
—A.W. Kautzer, The Movie Isle
With its stellar A/V presentation and bounty of extras befitting a film so defined by excess, Arrow’s 4K UHD Blu-ray is sure to be the definitive release of RoboCop for years to come.
—Chuck Bowen & Derek Smith, Slant Magazine
A commentary on the 1980s, the future, corruption, and humanity, Paul Verhoeven’s satiric and violent action classic RoboCop delivers on every level. Highly imitated for the wrong reasons by other filmmakers (not to mention receiving the mediocre and quickly forgotten remake treatment), RoboCop still stands as an idea that seems silly on paper, but is executed in a brilliant way.
—Tim Salmons, The Digital Bits
While some collectors may continue to quibble that Arrow isn't including 1080 discs in their 4K UHD (re-)releases, they may have a "new, improved" (?) beef to take up with the label since there are two different 4K UHD versions available, each with their own merits in terms of packaging and non disc swag. (That's a joke, in case it wasn't clear.) Real collectors may be tempted to get both, but for those with more reserved tastes (and/or budgets), both of the 4K UHD releases from Arrow offer secure technical merits and a really bounteous supply of excellent supplements, as well as their own packaging virtues. Highly recommended.
—Jeffrey Kauffman, Blu-ray.com
Arrow’s 4K UHD RoboCop is as impressive and definitive a version of the 1980s classic as will ever exist.
—Evan Dossey, The Sound View
...a must-have for 4K owners.
—Andre Dursin, AndyFilm.com
Arrow Video always delivers and this time is no exception. Whether you get the 4K UHD Box Set Limited Edition version that includes a fold-out poster and postcards or choose 4K Steelbook, you can't go wrong.
—Allison Rose, Flick Direct
...a brilliantly constructed, darkly humorous comic book revenge fantasy laced with a subversive subtext of satirical jabs at American corporate domination and predatory capitalism—heady stuff, indeed.
—James Kendrick, Qnetwork
Unsurpassably thrilling, unexpectedly moving and unforgettably hilarious in equal measure, the future of law enforcement is back in a definitive 4K Blu-ray presentation packed with hours of bonus features and exclusive collectable packaging.
—Forces of Geek