- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: BLU-RAY DISC
- SKU: AV138
- UPC: 760137110286
- Street Date: 04/24/18
- PreBook Date: 02/20/18
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Cult
- Run Time: 86 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1988
- Region Code: 1
- Box Lot: 0
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Grant Cramer
- Suzanne Snyder
- John Allen Nelson
- Director: Stephen Chiodo
- Director: Stephen Chiodo
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
- List Price: $39.95
- Your Price: $39.95
- In Stock: -20
You must login to place orders.
Step aside Pennywise... These Killer Klowns from Outer Space are outta this world - literally! - and they're packing deadly popcorn guns and cotton candy cocoons! When Mike and his girlfriend Debbie warn the local police that a gang of homicidal alien-clowns have landed in the nearby area (in a spaceship shaped like a circus big-top, no less), the cops are naturally sceptical. Before long however, reports are coming in from other anxious residents detailing similar run-ins with the large-shoed assailants. There can no longer be any doubt - the Killer Klowns from Outer Space are here, and they're out to turn the Earth's population into candy floss! Written and produced by the Chiodo brothers - knowns for their work on a host of special-effects laden hits such as Team America: World Police and the Critters movies - Killer Klowns from Outer Space is a cinematic experience unparalleled in this galaxy, now newly restored by Arrow Video for this stellar edition.
- Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Newly remastered stereo 2.0 and 5.1 DTS-HD MA audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Archive audio commentary with the Chiodo Brothers
- Let the Show Begin! Anatomy of a Killer Theme Song - an all-new interview with the original members of the American punk band, The Dickies
- The Chiodos Walk Among Us: Adventures in Super 8 Filmmaking - all-new documentary highlighting the making of the Chiodo Brothers childhood films, from the giant monster epics made in their basement to their experiments in college
- New HD transfers of the complete collection of the Chiodo Brothers 8mm and Super 8 films, including Land of Terror, Free Inside, Beast from the Egg, and more!
- Tales of Tobacco - an interview with star Grant Cramer
- Debbie's Big Night - an interview with star Suzanne Snyder
- Bringing Life to These Things - a tour of Chiodo Bros. Productions
- The Making of Killer Klowns - archive production featurette
- Visual Effects with Gene Warren Jr. - archive interview with co-writer/producer Charles Chiodo and visual effects supervisor Gene Warren Jr.
- Kreating Klowns - archive interview with Charles Chiodo and creature fabricator Dwight Roberts
- Komposing Klowns - archive interview with composer John Massari
- Klown Auditions
- Deleted Scenes with filmmaker's audio commentary
- Image galleries
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
Sweetly silly and ridiculous, with a kind of 'by the seat of your pants' production ethos that is positively endearing. Arrow has once again provided fans with a nicely packaged release with great technical merits and fantastic supplements. Highly recommended.
Arrow Video's new Special Edition Blu-ray release trumps its previous one and is definitely the one to own for just such an occasion. Highly recommended.
—The Digital Bits
It's one of those movies that's wonderfully anarchic, an invitation for the imagination to go in whatever silly directions it wants to go. With the beautiful new (and definitive) Blu-ray release of the movie by Arrow Video, perhaps now there will be renewed interest in the franchise.