- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: Blu-ray
- SKU: AV213
- UPC: 760137275985
- Street Date: 08/06/19
- PreBook Date: 07/02/19
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Horror
- Run Time: 107 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1976
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 0
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Linda Miller
- Mildred Clinton
- Paula E. Sheppard
- Director: Alfred Sole
- Producer: Richard K. Rosenberg
- Director: Alfred Sole
- Producers: Richard K. Rosenberg
Alice, Sweet Alice
If You Survive The Night... Nothing Will Scare You AGAIN
- List Price: $39.95
- Your Price: $39.95
- In Stock: 364
You must login to place orders.
A young Brooke Shields meets an untimely end in this religious-themed proto slasher par excellence from director Alfred Sole. On the day of her first communion, young Karen (Brooke Shields) is savagely murdered by an unknown assailant in a yellow rain mac and creepy translucent mask. But the nightmare is far from over - as the knife-wielding maniac strikes again and again, Karen's bereaved parents are forced to confront the possibility that Karen's wayward sister Alice might be the one behind the mask. Bearing influences from the likes of Hitchcock, the then-booming Italian giallo film and more specifically, Nicolas Roeg's Don't Look Now, Alice, Sweet Alice is an absolutely essential - if often overlooked - entry in the canon of 1970s American horror.
- Brand new 2K restoration of the theatrical version from the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with Richard Harland Smith
- Archival audio commentary with co-writer/director Alfred Sole and editor Edward Salier
- First Communion: Alfred Sole Remembers Alice, Sweet Alice - director Alfred Sole looks back on his 1976 classic
- In the Name of the Father - brand new interview with actor Niles McMaster
- Sweet Memories: Dante Tomaselli on Alice, Sweet Alice - filmmaker Dante Tomaselli, cousin of Alfred Sole, discusses his longtime connection to the film
- Lost Childhood: The Locations of Alice, Sweet Alice - a tour of the original Alice Sweet Alice shooting locations hosted by author Michael Gingold
- Alternate Holy Terror Television Cut
- Deleted scene
- Alternate Opening Titles
- Trailer and TV Spot
- Original screenplay
- Image gallery
- Classic horror inspired by Nicolas Roeg's 'Don't Look Now' and the films of Alfred Hitchcock.
- 80% Approval Rating on Rotten Tomatoes
- First motion picture role for Brooke Shields who went on to superstardom with 'Pretty Baby', 'The Blue Lagoon' and 'Endless Love'.
Arrow has once again stepped up to the plate and provided fans of a cult film with a release that touts noticeably better video, along with excellent audio and a nice array of supplemental material. Recommended.
With this beautiful restoration, Arrow Video has made a commendable effort to ensuring that Alice, Sweet Alice finds its rightful place in the horror film canon.
Alice, Sweet Alice is a fast-paced, visceral, and engaging film that provides plenty of twists, turns, and ambiguity.
...Ranks among the most essential releases in Arrow Video's already extraordinary library. DVD Talk Collector Series.
Spiritually, Alice, Sweet Alice feels like an Americanized Giallo. But while it certainly pulls from differing horror elements and social themes, they all combine into something richly textured, distinct, and thoroughly disconcerting. Arrow Video have put together a superb release for a film that deserves your attention.