- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: 4K Ultra HD
- SKU: AV374
- UPC: 760137101253
- Street Date: 05/24/22
- PreBook Date: 04/19/22
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Mystery/Thriller
- Run Time: 108 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1998
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot:
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Bill Murray
- Actor: Kevin Bacon
- Actor: Matt Dillon
- Actor: Denise Richards
- Actor: Neve Campbell
- Actor: Theresa Russell
- Director: John McNaughton
- Director: John McNaughton
Wild Things [UHD Limited Edition]
- List Price: $59.95
- Your Price: $59.95
- In Stock: 876
You must login to place orders.
A spoiled rich kid, a troubled teen from the wrong side of the tracks, a carefree playboy and a dogged detective find themselves all caught up in the sex crime of the century in this steamy star-studded crime thriller from the director of Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Popular and charming, student counsellor Sam Lombardo (Matt Dillon) is no stranger to being the focus of female attention within the moneyed cliques of Florida's Blue Bay. His fortunes are about to change dramatically, however, when one of the wealthiest students at his high school, sultry siren Kelly Van Ryan (Denise Richards), accuses him of rape. The charge looks sure to stick when another girl from the other end of the social spectrum, Suzie Toller (Neve Campbell), steps forward with her own allegations, but Detective Duquette (Kevin Bacon) smells something fishy, and the truth is as murky and dangerous as the alligator-infested swamps in the hinterlands of this affluent beach community. Presented in new 4K restorations of its original theatrical version and extended 'Unrated Edition', Wild Things is a classic piece of sexy late-90s neo-noir from director John McNaughton and writer Stephen Peters, whose serpentine plotting will keep you on the edge of your seat until the end credits roll.
- New 4K restorations of both the Original Theatrical Version and the Unrated Edition from the original camera negatives by Sony Pictures Entertainment
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Exclusive new audio commentary by director John McNaughton and producer Steven A. Jones
- Commentary by director John McNaughton, cinematographer Jeffrey Kimball, producers Steven A. Jones and Rodney Liber, editor Elena Maganini and score composer George S. Clinton
- Exclusive new interview with John McNaughton
- Exclusive new interview with Denise Richards
- Making of documentary
- An Understanding Lawyer outtakes
- Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anne Billson and Sean Hogan
- Double-sided fold-out poster
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sam Hadley
- A blockbuster hit upon initial release, Wild Things has continued to gain praise over the years as an edgy, landmark studio film
- Great star power with Bill Murray, Matt Dillon, Neve Campbell, Kevin Bacon, and Denise Richards
[It's got] Neve Campbell and Denise Richards making out, all the plot twists and double-crossing of a James Ellroy novel, Neve Campbell and Denise Richards having a catfight in a swimming pool and Bill Murray as a sleazy neck-brace-wearing lawyer.
—Tom Nawrocki, Rolling Stone
Sly, torrid and original, pic is certain to shake up an otherwise complacent marketplace.
—Leonard Klady, Variety
A sleazy, seamy, flashy, steamy, vulgar exploitation thriller that revels in every minute of its own trashiness and delivers some pretty solid -- if prurient -- entertainment.
—Maitland McDonagh, TV Guide
I heartily recommend Wild Things for its fits of teasing and eroticism (rare in American cinema) and for Bill Murray who has a great role as Lombardo's attorney.
—Jeffrey M. Anderson, Combustible Celluloid
'Wild Things' is lurid trash, with a plot so twisted they're still explaining it during the closing titles. It's like a three-way collision between a softcore sex film, a soap opera and a B-grade noir. I liked it.
—Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
Wild Things has the kind of sultry sense of place that you can feel like a drop of sweat on the back of your neck. One of the most under-appreciated cheap-thrill films of the Clinton era.
—Chris Nashawaty, Entertainment Weekly
Arrow delivers a fresh, clean scan for this 4K debut. That's evident quickly as the resolution provides Wild Things precise sharpness. Other than slight ringing (very slight), this is wholly natural and the resulting detail excellent. Texture galore jumps from the frame. Location scenery looks gorgeous, and close-ups better still.
—Matt Paprocki, Doblu
Wild Things is beautifully filmed and some passages of the score wouldn't have seemed out of place in Twin Peaks. It's tremendous fun to watch and very rewarding because it delivers so much more that it initially seems to promise.
—Anne Carlini, Exclusive Magazine
...the notoriety surrounding Wild Things guarantees that it is remembered in a way that many other erotic thrillers of a bygone age can never hope for…
—Orrin Grey, Unwinnable.com
...a film so insanely crazy that it continues to dazzle audiences...this UHD set from Arrow is outstanding. If this is meant to be the definitive edition of Wild Things, you really couldn’t ask for anything more. This is a stunning release from Arrow Video.
—Corey Danna, Horror Geek Life
...a dizzyingly constructed labyrinth of an erotic thriller. Recommended!
—Preston Barta, High-Dev Digest
Wild Things is pure sex noir in the style of Body Heat and Basic Instinct.
—David J. Moore, The Movie Elite
Trashy, mean spirited, yet all in good fun, McNaughton’s Spring ’98 hit has remained something of a cult favorite since its original release.
—Andre Dursin, AndyFilm.com
...still gets the pulse racing.
—Jason Bailey, The Playlist