- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: Blu-ray
- SKU: SEV5387BR
- UPC: 760137538783
- Street Date: 06/22/21
- PreBook Date: 05/18/21
- Label: Severin Films »
- Genre: Horror
- Run Time: 90 mins
- Number of Discs: 9
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1964
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 0
- Territory: NORTH AMERICA
- Language: English
The Eurocrypt Of Christopher Lee Collection
8 BLU-RAY COLLECTION FEATURING 5 CLASSIC EUROPEAN FILMS, A TV ANTHOLOGY, DISC OF RARE INTERVIEWS + BOOK & SOUNDTRACK CD
- List Price: $149.95
- Your Price: $149.95
- In Stock: 976
You must login to place orders.
He remains one of the most beloved horror/fantasy icons in US/UK pop culture history, but Christopher Lee delivered several of the most compelling, acclaimed and bizarre performances of his entire career in 1960s Europe. THE EUROCRYPT OF CHRISTOPHER LEE brings together five of these Lee classics - the 1964 gothic shocker CRYPT OF THE VAMPIRE; the 1964 cult hit CASTLE OF THE LIVING DEAD co-starring an unknown Donald Sutherland; 1962's celebrated SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE DEADLY NECKLACE; 1967's lurid favorite THE TORTURE CHAMBER OF DR. SADISM and the rarely-seen 1963 oddity CHALLENGE THE DEVIL - with the 24 surviving episodes of the 1971 Film Polski anthology series THEATRE MACABRE hosted by Lee, all remastered from original negative materials with over 10 hours of trailers, rare promos, audio commentaries & vintage interviews, plus the CASTLE OF THE LIVING DEAD soundtrack and an all-new 88-page book by Lee biographer Jonathan Rigby.
- DISC 1: Audio Commentary with Mondo Digital's Nathaniel Thompson & Film Writer Troy Howarth; Audio Commentary with Film Writer Kat Ellinger; From The Castle To The Academy – Interview with Master Producer Paul Maslansky
- DISC 1 Continued: The Castle Of The Mystery Man – Roberto Curti, Author of 'Mavericks of Italian Cinema,' on Writer / Director Warren Kiefer + CD Soundtrack
- DISC 2: Dance With The Devil – Interview with Roberto Curti, Author of 'Mavericks of Italian Cinema'; The Importance Of Being Giorgio – Interview with Giorgio Ardisson Over Two Decades; Trailer
- DISC 3: Trailer
- DISC 4: Audio Commentary with Film Writers Kim Newman & Barry Forshaw
- DISC 5: Promo with Christopher Lee
- DISC 7: Audio Commentary by Mondo Digital's Nathaniel Thompson and Film Writer Troy Howarth; Audio Interview with Actress Karin Dor (German with English subs); Location Featurette; Theatrical Trailer (German); Teaser Trailer
- DISC 7 Continued: Die Schlangengrube - Die Burg des Grauens – German Super 8 Digest Short; Die Schlangengrube des Grafen Dracula – German Super 8 Digest Short; Poster Gallery; Behind the Scenes Still Gallery; Restoration Slideshow
- DISC 8: HORROR!!! 1964 Swiss Documentary Short by Pierre Koralnik Featuring Interviews; Behind The Mask – Christopher Lee Remembers Boris Karloff; Colin Grimshaw Interviews Christopher Lee in 1975
- DISC 8 Continued: 1985 Audio Interview with Christopher Lee, Accompanied by stills from The Del Valle Archive & Video Introduction with David Del Valle; Monsters & Vampires – Interview with Pioneering Horror Movie Historian Alan Frank
- DISC 8 Continued: The Crypt Keepers – Making of CRYPT OF THE VAMPIRE with Screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi, Assistant Director Tonino Valerii and Film Historian Fabio Melelli; 'It's Now Or Never' & 'She'll Fall For Me' Christopher Lee & Gary Curtis
- DISC 8 Continued: Outtakes from TO THE DEVIL... A DAUGHTER / THEATRE OF DEATH 2001 DVD interview session covering the most frightening films ever, BLACK MASSES, POLICE ACADEMY 7 & More (15 mins)
- DISC 8 Continued: University College Dublin 2011 Q&A with Sir Christopher Lee
- This Box Set includes an all-new 88-page book by Lee biographer Jonathan Rigby. Each Blu-Ray disc is packaged separately along with a brand new book, all housed inside a sturdy chipboard splitcase box.
- DISC 9: Original Soundtrack CD The Castle of the Living Dead
- DISC 8 Continued: featuring interviews with Lee, Boris Karloff, Vincent Price, Roy Ashton, Roger Corman and behind-the-scenes footage of THE GORGON and MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH.
- DISC 1: The Castle of the Living Dead, Directors: Warren Kiefer, Luciano Ricci, Year: 1964, Runtime: 90 mins, Rating: 16+, Audio: English Mono, Aspect Ratio: 16x9 Widescreen, Country of Origin: Italy, France
- DISC 2: Challenge the Devil, Director: Vegezzi, Year: 1963, Runtime: 79 mins, Rating: 16+, Audio: Italian Mono/ English subtitles, Aspect Ratio: 16x9 Widescreen, Country of Origin: Italy
- DISC 3: Crypt of the Vampire, Director: Camillo Mastrocinque, Year: 1964, Runtime: 85 mins, Rating: 16+, Audio: English & Italian Mono, Aspect Ratio: 16x9 Widescreen, Country of Origin: Italy, Spain
- DISC 4: Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace, Director: Terence Fisher, Year: 1962, Runtime: 86 mins, Rating: 16+, Audio: English & German Mono, Aspect Ratio: 16x9 Widescreen, Country of Origin: West Germany, France, Italy
- DISC 5: Theatre Macabre, Directors: various, Year: 1971-1972, Runtime: 305 mins, Rating: 16+, Audio: English Mono, Aspect Ratio: 4x3, Country of Origin: Poland
- DISC 6: Theatre Macabre, Directors: various, Year: 1971-1972, Runtime: 305 mins, Rating: 16+, Audio: English Mono, Aspect Ratio: 4x3, Country of Origin: Poland
- DISC 7: The Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism, Year: 1967, Runtime: 84 mins, Rating: 16+, Audio: English & German Mono, Aspect Ratio: 16x9 Widescreen, Country of Origin: West Germany
- DISC 8: Relics from the Crypt - a collection of interviews with Christopher Lee over the years and other related horror featurettes, including the first ever release of the recently unearthed 20 minute 1964 Swiss TV documentary 'HORROR!!!'
'From Dracula to Jedi master, Bond villain to a Metal god, Christopher Lee's 70-year career was rich, varied and often, pretty weird.'
None of these films may be outright masterpieces, but several of them are surprisingly good, and they each have palpable moods, with above average production design, some evocative cinematography, and of course the always watchable Christopher Lee. Severin has provided a really handsomely packaged set with largely commendable technical merits and a glut of supplementary material, both on disc and in the beautifully done collector's booklet. Highly recommended.
...It's hard to imagine Severin Films being able to top themselves. However, they've managed to do so with The Eurocrypt of Christopher Lee Collection. It's a jam-packed release with not just interesting and entertaining films, most of which have been rarely if ever available, but also a bevy of amazing bonus content. This is an amazing release and it belongs on any self-respecting horror fan's shelf. Highly recommended!
—The Digital Bits
He remains one of the most beloved horror/fantasy icons in US/UK pop culture history, but Christopher Lee delivered several of the most compelling, acclaimed and bizarre performances of his entire career in 1960s Europe.
—Geek Vibes Nation