- An MVD Exclusive
- Version: Limited Edition Blu-ray
- SKU: UN-1138
- Format: Blu-ray
- UPC: 760137109082
- Street Date: 10/18/22
- PreBook Date: 09/06/22
- Label: Unearthed Classics »
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Run Time: 118:00 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1994
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: NORTH AMERICA
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Ray Liotta as Captain J.T. Robbins
- Lance Henriksen as The Father
- Ernie Hudson as Hawkins
- Stuart Wilson as Walter Marek
- Kevin DIllon as Casey
- Kevin J. O'Connor as Stephano
- Ian McNeice as King
- Michael Lerner as The Warden
- Director: Martin Campbell
- Producer: Gale Anne Hurd
Ray Liotta stars as a prisoner sent to an in-escapable island prison he bands together with a group of fellow inmates to fight off a band of savages.
- List Price: $34.95
- Your Price: $34.95
- In Stock: 307
You must login to place orders.
The Year is 2022. John Robbins (Ray Liotta), a former Marine Captain, has been sentenced for assassinating his commanding officer and is banished to a secret and remote prison island run by The Warden (Michael Lerner). In this prison of the future, inhabited by society's most violent and feared criminals, Robbins is left to the mercy of the elements and his fellow man. He finds the island divided into two camps: The Outsiders, led by the brutal and bloodthirsty Marek (Stuart Wilson); and The Insiders, led by the strong-willed, benevolent Father (Lance Henriksen) and his followers Hankins (Ernie Hudson) and Casey (Kevin Dillon). Robbins doesn't care to join either - his one aim is to break free of an island from which there is no escape. To aid him, he steals a powerful and destructive weapon from The Outsiders, sparking off a major war between the two encampments. Now bloody battle and the brutality of hand-to-hand combat will take many lives before Robbins can think of freedom again. Trapped on an island where nature can be as deadly as man, there is only one thought which keeps Robbins alive... escape...escape...escape.
- 'WELCOME TO THE FUTURE: THE SCI-FI WORLDS OF GALE ANNE HURD' - A new interview with producer Gale Anne Hurd
- 'SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST: DIRECTING NO ESCAPE' - A new interview with filmmaker Martin Campbell
- 'PENAL COLONY: WRITING NO ESCAPE' - A new interview with co-writer Joel Gross
- Vintage Making of Featurettes
- Alternate Intro
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Photo Gallery
- From the producers of Aliens and the Terminator Series.
- Martin Campbell went on to direct Golden Eye, The Mask of Zorro and Casino Royal.
- For fans of every action film from the 80's and 90's!
- No Escape was a video game made by Psygnosis and released on Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo Systems.
- No Escape was published as a Marvel Comic in 1994 to coincide with the release.
'The action moves at roller-coaster speed...'No Escape' is loaded.'
—Barry Caine, Oakland Tribune
'There are huge chunks of 'Mad Max,' 'The Lord of the Flies,' 'Zardoz' and 'The Prisoner' and stray parts from every old pirate movie, muscle-pic, biblical epic and comic book you can think of.'
—The Washington Post
'What this all boils down to is that 'No Escape' is a lot of fun for fans of action movies...'
—The Movie Scene
'A throwback to the energetic sci-fi films of yesteryear. Frantic and Fun! Caffeinated...'
'This 90s action flick has a lot to offer, with Ray Liotta as our action hero, an island prison filled with set piece potential, a dystopian atmosphere, and a bad guy that devours scenes like he is always famished.'
'If you haven't seen No Escape then strap yourself in for a good lead, a great villain, and an amazing supporting cast. Stuart Wilson deserves all the awards in all of the shows.'
'...Unbridled action adventure-fast and furious from start to finish.'
—Susan Granger , CRN/American Movie Classics
'Electrifying! A first rate... fun-filled action feast.'
—Jeff Craig, Sixty Second Preview
No Escape finally has a Blu-Ray Edition worthy of its greatness. HIGHEST POSSIBLE RECOMMENDATIONS!
—ADAM KAUTZER, The Movie Isle
Stuart Wilson steals this one as the villain Marek, leader of a rogue colony, and snappy with his comical retorts.
—MATT PAPROCKI, DoBlu.com
Martin Campbell knows how to stage big action scenes, and No Escape is probably most viscerally exciting when the Outsiders are on the rampage.
—JEFFREY KAUFFMAN, Blu-ray.com
—MIKE SPRING, Live For Film
The picture looks flawless
—GREG WALTON, Movieline Online
If you’ve yet to see this film and you’re an action movie fan, definitely check it out.
—TIM SALMONS, The Digital Bits
From the plot setup to the scale of the production to the great performances from the cast to Martin Campbell’s slick eye for action, it’s just a damn fun film.
—SAM COHEN, High-Def Digest