- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: BLU-RAY DISC
- SKU: CF-0024BLR
- UPC: 851968007576
- Street Date: 12/22/20
- PreBook Date: 11/10/20
- Label: ClassicFlix »
- Genre: Comedy
- Run Time: 85 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1946
- Region Code: 1
- Box Lot: 0
- Territory: NORTH AMERICA
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Director: Archie Mayo
- Director: Archie Mayo
A Night In Casablanca
- List Price: $29.95
- Your Price: $29.95
- In Stock: -915
You must login to place orders.
Newly restored and first time on Blu-ray!
After a five-year hiatus from the silver screen, the legendary Marx Brothers are in top form as they set out to bust up a Nazi spy ring in A Night in Casablanca.
Ronald Kornblow (Groucho Marx) is the new fill-in manager at the Hotel Casablanca--fill-in because the last three managers have met sudden and mysterious deaths. At the center of the intrigue is Heinrich Stubel (Sig Ruman), disguised as "Count Pfferman", who'll go to any length to gain control of the hotel, host to an array of hidden treasure smuggled out of France by the Nazis after the invasion.
Oblivious to the untimely demise of his predecessors, and infatuated with Nazi-vamp Beatrice (Lisette Verea), Kornblow is aided by Yellow Camel Company operator Corbaccio (Chico Marx) and hotel roustabout Rusty (Harpo Marx) who are on to Stubel's plot to become the new hotel manager and make off with the loot.
With more one-liners, jokes and gags than you can shake a cigar at, A Night in Casablanca recaptures the Marxes at their zany best. Also featured are Charles Drake, Lois Collier and Dan Seymour.
- A Night in Casablanca Trailer
- Audio excerpt of a rare, on stage performance of the Marx Brothers in August 1945 where they tested out material before a live audience prior to filming A Night in Casablanca (5:28)
- Various radio commercials promoting A Night in Casablanca (4:25)
- Image gallery featuring rare stills, posters, lobby cards and other promotional material
- First Time Ever on Blu-ray!
- The brothers were included in AFI's 100 Years... 100 Stars list of the 25 greatest male stars of Classical Hollywood cinema, the only performers to be inducted collectively.
- The Marx Brothers are widely considered by critics, scholars, and fans to be among the greatest and most influential comedians of the 20th century.
- Five of the Marx Brothers' thirteen feature films were selected by the American Film Institute (AFI) as among the top 100 comedy films!
- Stars the legendary Marx Brothers: Groucho, Chico, and Harpo (Duck Soup, A Night at the Opera).