- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: BLU-RAY DISC
- SKU: AV320
- UPC: 760137409199
- Street Date: 12/15/20
- PreBook Date: 11/10/20
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Comedy
- Run Time: 96 mins
- Number of Discs: 2
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1990
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 0
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Kevin Bacon
- Actor: Fred Ward
- Actor: Finn Carter
- Director: Ron Underwood
- Director: tbc
Tremors [Limited Edition]
THE 'GRABOIDS' ARE COMING... IN GLORIOUS 4K ULTRA HD FOR THE FIRST TIME!
- List Price: $59.95
- Your Price: $59.95
- In Stock: -52
You must login to place orders.
A pulse-pounding love letter to 1950s creature features that delivers horror and humor in equal measure, Tremors is a bonafide cult classic that has grabbed audiences' affections ever since its release and spawned a successful franchise that continues to this day.
Good-ol'-boy handymen Val (Kevin Bacon) and Earl (Fred Ward) are sick of their dead-end jobs in one-horse desert town Perfection, Nevada (population: 14). Just as they're about to escape Perfection forever, however, things start to get really weird: half-eaten corpses litter the road out of town; the phone lines stop working; and a plucky young scientist shows evidence of unusually strong seismic activity in the area. Something is coming for the citizens of Perfection... and it's under the goddamn ground!
Bursting with indelible characters, quotable dialogue and jaw-dropping special effects, Tremors is back and bigger than ever in this 4K-restored and fully loaded collectors' edition.
- 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- New 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Ron Underwood and director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
- 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing by Kim Newman and Jonathan Melville and selected archive materials
- Large fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
- Small fold-out double-sided poster featuring new Graboid X-ray art by Matt Frank
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards
- Limited Edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
- DISC 1 – FEATURE & EXTRAS (4K UHD BLU-RAY)
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Restored DTS-HD MA original theatrical 2.0 stereo, 4.0 surround, and remixed 5.1 surround audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- New audio commentary by director Ron Underwood and writers/producers Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson
- New audio commentary by Jonathan Melville, author of Seeking Perfection: The Unofficial Guide to Tremors
- Making Perfection, a brand new documentary by Universal Studios interviewing key cast and crew from the franchise (including Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross, Ariana Richards, Ron Underwood, among many others) and revisiting the original locations
- The Truth About Tremors, a newly filmed interview with co-producer Nancy Roberts on the film’s rocky road to the screen
- Bad Vibrations, a newly filmed interview with director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
- Aftershocks and Other Rumblings, newly filmed on-set stories from associate producer Ellen Collett
- Digging in the Dirt, a new featurette interviewing the crews behind the film’s extensive visual effects
- Music for Graboids, a new featurette on the film’s music with composers Ernest Troost and Robert Folk
- Pardon My French!, a newly assembled compilation of overdubs from the edited-for television version
- The Making of Tremors, an archive documentary from 1995 by Laurent Bouzereau, interviewing the filmmakers and special effects teams
- Creature Featurette, an archive compilation of on-set camcorder footage showing the making of the Graboids
- Electronic press kit featurette and interviews with Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross and Reba McIntire
- Deleted scenes, including the original opening scene
- Theatrical trailers, TV and radio spots for the original film as well as trailers for the entire Tremors franchise
- Comprehensive image galleries, including rare behind-the-scenes stills, storyboards and two different drafts of the screenplay
- DISC 2 – INTERVIEWS & SHORT FILMS (BLU-RAY - LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE)
- Extended hour-long interviews from Making Perfection with Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock, S.S. Wilson, Nancy Roberts and creature designer Alec Gillis
- Outtakes with optional introduction and commentary by S.S. Wilson
- Three early short films by the makers of Tremors, remastered in high definition, including S.S. Wilson’s stop-motion horror/comedy classic Recorded Live (1975)
- ROTTEN TOMATOES: CERTIFIED FRESH!
It's a zippy melodrama for small-town America and small-towners at heart: well-executed kitsch for audiences that will still be amused at the notion that the bugs are getting so big, they'll drag us all down.
—Michael Wilmington, Los Angeles Times
Unlike the typical movie homage, Tremors actually improves on the B-movies that inspired it.
—Steve Simels, Entertainment Weekly
This is what a monster movie is supposed to be like, and it's terrific.
—Geoff Andrew, Time Out
Tremors is exactly the kind of release Arrow tends to do so well, and my hunch is they're going to make a lot of fans of this film very happy. Technical merits are first rate and once again Arrow has put together a really impressive array of supplements, along with a copious supply of non-disc swag. Highly recommended.
Arrow delivers a definitive home video release of Tremors, a pure sugar rush of a monster movie, with dollops of the action film and the western thrown in for good measure.
Even if you feel like you've seen Tremors enough times, I'd urge you to give it another look, with modern eyes. It's maybe the best movie of its type anywhere. This is a fantastic 4K restoration on Blu-ray.
This 4K UHD/Blu-ray edition issued by Arrow Video finally gives the movie its full visual and supplemental due... It's an exhaustive and excellent release.
No stone has been left unturned on this grand 4K Limited Edition of Tremors. It's an amazing package that truly does the film the kind of justice it deserves. Enough said.
—The Digital Bits
Tremors works, plain and simple, approaching its story of two good ol' boy handymen leading the fight against killer underground worms with appropriate goofiness and irreverence, but without condescending to the material. That's a tricky balance, tougher than it looks. Arrow's new 4K restoration and release is pricy but lovely; the sound mix is appropriately rumble-y, and the Southwestern landscapes look glorious.