- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: Blu-ray
- SKU: AV345
- UPC: 760137515586
- Street Date: 04/06/21
- PreBook Date: 03/02/21
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Run Time: 77 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1976
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 0
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Peter Winter
- Actor: Maria Aliferi
- Actor: Jessica Dublin
- Director: Nico Mastorakis
- Director: Nico Mastorakis
Death Has Blue Eyes
Love Was Her Need. Murder her deed.
- List Price: $39.95
- Your Price: $39.95
- In Stock: 432
You must login to place orders.
Death Has Blue Eyes is a gripping paranormal action thriller with shades of giallo from the director of the cult classic video nasty Island of Death (1976).
When local gigolo Chess (Chris Nomikos) greets his vacationing friend Bob Kovalski (Peter Winter) at Athens airport, the pair embark on a string of scams and erotic dalliances that eventually lead them into contact with an elegant wealthy woman, Geraldine Steinwetz (Jessica Dublin), and her glamorous daughter Christine (Maria Aliferi). Geraldine blackmails the two cheeky bachelor boys into acting as bodyguards for Christine, whom it transpires has telepathic abilities and has had her eye on them for some time. After fleeing from a series of assassination attempts, it soon becomes clear that Geraldine herself might not be quite whom she seems, as the two young men find themselves caught up in a political conspiracy of international dimensions.>p>In his debut feature, maverick filmmaker Nico Mastorakis presents us with a generous meze of non-stop car, bike and helicopter chases, a bevy of beautiful girls with guns, sensational softcore sex scenes, psychic thrills and Cold War political intrigue set against the picturesque landscapes of 70s Greece, all presented for the very first time in a new HD master in both widescreen and full-frame versions.
- Brand new restoration from the original camera negative approved by the director
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
- Two versions of the film: the widescreen 1.85:1 version and the full-frame 1.33:1 version
- Original mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Exclusive new interview featurette with Nico Mastorakis
- Exclusive new interview with actress Maria Aliferi
- Dancing with Death: tracks from the Death Has Blue Eyes original soundtrack
- Original theatrical trailers
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors' booklet featuring new writing by Julian Grainger
- First time on disc
- Debut film of visionary cult director, Nico Mastorakis
Solid Greek thriller with gorgeous locations, an attractive cast and knockout soundtrack!
Death Has Blue Eyes is pure Cinemax After Dark magic. It's the perfect mix of action and sensuality. There's so much going on in 80 minutes.