- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: CMDVD106
- Format: DVD
- UPC: 739608307180
- Street Date: 05/16/23
- PreBook Date: 04/11/23
- Label: Community Music, Inc. »
- Genre: Musical/Broadway
- Run Time: 58 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 2021
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: WORLD
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Marcy Marxer
- Actor: Cathy Fink
- Director: Tracy Walsh
- Producer: Cathy Fink
- Producer: Scott Silberstein
- Director: Tracy Walsh
- Producers: Scott Silberstein, Cathy Fink
All Wigged Out: The Musical
GRAMMY Award winning virtuoso meets the biggest health challenge of her life, proceeds with comedy and wit, and comes out singing.
- List Price: $19.95
- Your Price: $19.95
- In Stock: -7
You must login to place orders.
Marcy Marxer is a GRAMMY® winning singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist who takes us on her expedition through Breast Cancer and neuropathy caused by Chemotherapy, tempered by her wacky sense of humor and ability to make the personal universal. Her musical and life partner, Cathy Fink is Marcy's advocate in the doctors' offices, her number one fan and bandleader in the show with Stacy McMichael on bass and Janet Cramer on drums. Cathy also plays the mammogram technician, Cindy at the Wig Shop and Marcy's mother. The heartwarming musical comedy takes us through Marcy's many stages of diagnosis and discovery with hope, grace and her unique style. From comparing her cancer journey to being dragged through a car wash while playing the musical washboard, to dealing with everyone's "Unsolicited Advice" to showing the ridiculous "My Chemo Bag" given to her at the hospital, Marcy sticks to the truth while finding humor in many moments. Why is there a lint roller in that bag? Cindy at the Wig Shop put Marcy at ease in the transition to baldness, and also at times told more truth than the doctors who soft-pedaled potential side effects to treatment. The ten songs span multiple styles of music showcasing Marcy's talents on the ukulele, mandolin and electric guitar through swing, punk, rock, jazz, Gospel and old-time country. Marcy triumphs over adversity while celebrating forty years together with the love of her life and musical partner, Cathy, ending with a perfect duet, "Two Peas In A Pod." The American Cancer Society has indicated that by the year 2030, 1 in 2 people in the US will be diagnosed with cancer. Sooner or later all of us will be caregivers, patients, loved ones in someone's cancer circle. ALL WIGGED OUT helps us navigate this maze while showcasing the power of hope, the power of love and the power of advocacy. GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Award winner Tom Paxton called it, "Hilarious and deeply moving."
- Reel of home movies made during Marcy's cancer treatment including the onion juice remedy.
- Interview with Marcy Marxer.
- WINNER BEST HEALTH FILM: Cannes World Film Festival
- OFFICIAL SELECTION: New Haven Docs, London's I AM Film Festival, LGBTQ Unbordered International Film Festival, New York Neorealism Film Awards, Cynon Valley Film Festival, 8th Music Film Festival
- HONORABLE MENTION/FINALIST: Milan Gold Awards, Seattle Film Festival, New York Movie Awards, International Arts and Hearts Film Festival, Las Vegas International Film & Screenwriting Festival
- Artists Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer are two-time GRAMMY Award Winers, twelve-time GRAMMY nominees
- EXCELLENCE AWARD in LGBT & ART HOUSE FILM, ACTRESS, MESSAGE DELIVERY: Depth of Field International Film Festival
- For medical professionals who work with cancer patients, the film is a tool for developing empathy and understanding cancer from the patient's point of view.
- LGBT Community- The film includes a 40 year love story between Marcy Marxer and Cathy Fink.
- WINNER, BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE: Chicago Cinema Awards, Stanley Film Awards, Sweet Democracy Film Awards, London Movie Awards, 8 & Halfilm Awards, IndieFEST Film Awards, Docs Without Borders, WRPN Women's International Film Festival, World Cinema Awards
- For fans of Tig Notaro and her film 'Tig'
- For cancer patients, their caregivers and circle of family and friends.
- SCREENINGS: North Carolina Museum of Art, Wintergrass Music Festival, National Women's Music Festival, Rainbow Chamber of Commerce of the Silicon Valley
The most beautiful love story I've ever seen on stage: emotional, powerful, hysterically funny...
—Si Kahn, Playwright/Songwriter/Community Organizer
Rarely has a lemon - Cancer - been made into sweeter lemonade than this... a hilarious and deeply moving event filled with genuine humor and great songs. Don't miss it!
—Tom Paxton, GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
Medicine for the soul.
—Staci Meyer, Chief Deputy Officer NC Department of Cultural and
This needs to be seen by patients, nurses, and docs in the field. Thank you for giving me more insight to better care for my patients.
—Lisa Thieme, N, BSN, Oncology Certified Nurse
Thank you for making a happy film about such a challenging subject!
—Katherine Germano-Kowalczyk, New Haven Docs
Laughter and tears I didn't know I needed.
—Lillian Werbin, CEO Elderly Instruments, Daughter of Breast Cancer
'Your film is a joyous and rousing tribute to an inspiring musician going through her worst nightmare. We were charmed by the way ALL WIGGED OUT managed to take an absolutely horrifying subject matter and make dealing with it a hopeful and sunny experienc
—film festival, film fest who could not officially let us use thei
'All Wigged Out' offers insights for caregivers, families and friends of cancer patients and others living with illness, but it is also unabashedly LGBTQ and feminist, and a hugely entertaining and comic show that demonstrates a universally moving personal story.
—Sarah Kate Ellis, GLAAD President and CEO, Sarah Kate Ellis, GLAAD President and CEO
Calm, sweet, witty and gentle. Recommended.
—S. Lyons, The Sound View