- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: MVD7120BR
- Format: Blu-Ray/DVD
- UPC: 760137712091
- Street Date: 04/21/15
- PreBook Date: 02/17/15
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Cult
- Run Time: 85 mins
- Number of Discs: 2
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1970
- Region Code: 1
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: US
- Language: Japanese
Cast & Crew
- Meiko Kaji
- Hoki Tokuda
- Makoto SatÃ´
- Director: Teruo Ishii
Blind Woman's Curse [Dual Format Blu-Ray+ DVD]
A bizarre blend of the female Yakuza film and traditional Japanese ghost story
- List Price: $39.95
- Your Price: $39.95
- In Stock: 148
You must login to place orders.
A thrilling Yakuza film featuring eye-popping visuals, sensational fight sequences and the gorgeous Meiko Kaji (Lady Snowblood, Stray Cat Rock), in her first major role. Akemi (Kaji) is a dragon tattooed leader of the Tachibana Yakuza clan. In a duel with a rival gang Akemi slashes the eyes of an opponent and a black cat appears, to lap the blood from the gushing wound. The cat along with the eye-victim go on to pursue Akemi's gang in revenge, leaving a trail of dead Yakuza girls, their dragon tattoos skinned from their bodies. A bizarre blend of the female Yakuza film and traditional Japanese ghost story, with a strong dash of grotesque-erotica (the same movement was a sensibility of Edogawa Rampo whose works were adapted by Ishii in Horrors of Malformed Men), Blind Woman's Curse is a delirious mash-up of classic genre tropes, of which Ishii was no stranger, having directed everything from Super Giant films to Biker movies!
- New high definition digital transfer of the film prepared by Nikkatsu Studios
- Presented in High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD
- Uncompressed mono PCM audio
- Newly translated English subtitles
- Audio commentary by Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp
- Original Trailer
- Trailers for four of the films in the Meiko Kaji-starring Stray Cat Rock series, made at the same studio as Blind Woman's Curse
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Japanese cinema expert Tom Mes, illustrated with original archive stills.
- Stars celebrated and cult actress Meiko Kaji (Lady Snowblood, Female Convict Scorpion series)
- Directed by Teruo Ishii (Horror of a Deformed Man, Blind Beast vs. Dwarf) notorious for his ero-guro films.
- Brand new special features
- First time on Blu-ray in North America!
A bizarre potpourri of ninkyo eiga yakuza movie, bakeneko ghost film and ero-grotesquery.
—Tom Mes, Midnight Eye
This bewildering, reckless, and captivating Japanese monstrosity is a colorful, widescreen explosion of cross-genre craziness.
Blind Woman's Curse looks great on Blu-ray... It's an extremely enjoyable mishmash directed with style to spare by Teruo Ishii, and headlined by beautiful Meiko Kaji. Highly Recommended.
The Arrow Video release is absolutely stunning, the colors popping off the screen, every paused still looking like a piece of art.
Arrow does a terrific job highlighting the artistic style that is dripping from Blind Woman's Curse... It's awesome fun!
One of the best examples of Pinky Horror