- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: AV399
- Format: Blu-ray (Reissue)
- UPC: 760137749981
- Street Date: 09/12/23
- PreBook Date: 08/08/23
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Horror
- Run Time: 96 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1984
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot:
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: John Heard
- Actor: Daniel Stern
- Actor: Christopher Curry
- Actor: Kim Greist
- Actor: Sam McMurray
- Actor: John Goodman
- Actor: Jon Polito
- Director: Douglas Cheek
- Director: Douglas Cheek
C.H.U.D. [Standard Edition]
A bizarre series of sudden disappearances on the streets of New York City seems to point toward something unsavory living in the sewers.
- List Price: $39.95
- Your Price: $39.95
- In Stock: 40
You must login to place orders.
From the subterranean depths it crawls! Director Douglas Cheek's cult '80s favorite C.H.U.D. is the ultimate underground movie experience. In downtown Manhattan, a police captain's hunt for his missing wife uncovers a series of mysterious disappearances in the area. Extending his search into the tunnels and sewers below, it soon becomes clear that something monstrous lurks beneath the city streets - and it's not staying down there much longer! Starring John Heard (Cat People) and Daniel Stern (City Slickers, Home Alone) alongside an early appearance from John Goodman, C.H.U.D. finally lurches back onto the streets and is sure to delight the most discriminating of creature feature fans!
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Integral Cut from a 2K film transfer
- Original Uncompressed PCM Mono Audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio track featuring isolated score selections and an interview with composers Martin Cooper and David A. Hughes
- Audio commentary with director Douglas Cheek, writer Shepard Abbott, and actors John Heard, Daniel Stern and Christopher Curry
- A Dirty Look – an interview with production designer William Bilowit
- Dweller Designs – an interview with special make-up effects and creature creator John Caglione, Jr.
- Notes from Above Ground: The NYC Locations of C.H.U.D. – featurette hosted by journalist Michael Gingold and filmmaker Ted Geoghegan
- Behind-the-scenes gallery
- Extended shower scene
- Original theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Dan Mumford
- C.H.U.D. has become a Pop Culture reference - mentioned in multiple episodes of The Simpsons, Saturday Night Live, and Jeopardy!
A fun slice of Reagan-era monster madness that embodies more than a few of its era's political and environmental fears
—James Kendrick, Q Network Film Desk
C.H.U.D. stands for cannibalistic, humanoid underground dwellers, but it is one of the pleasant revelations of this enjoyable horror film that C.H.U.D. also stands for something else...and in the category of horror films it stands as a praiseworthy effort
—Lawrence Van Gelder, The New York Times
C.H.U.D. is the ultimate underground movie experience.
—Gary Tooze, DVD Beaver
Perfect for bleary-eyed late-night viewing
—Keith Phipps, A.V. Club
C.H.U.D. is a great film. There are plenty of scares, thrills, artfully done gore, and the soundtrack works incredibly with the mood of the film.
—Brandt Sponseller, Classic-Horror.com