- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: MVD10924D
- Format: DVD
- UPC: 760137109242
- Street Date: 06/13/23
- PreBook Date: 05/09/23
- Label: Drafthouse »
- Genre: Mystery/Thriller
- Run Time: 88 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: 5.1 SURROUND
- Year of Production: 2013
- Region Code: 1
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: US,CA
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Pat Healey
- Actor: David Koechner
- Actor: Sara Paxton
- Actor: Ethan Embry
- Actor: Amanda Fuller
- Director: E.L. Katz
- Director: E.L. Katz
A couple engages two friends in a series of dares in exchange for money, with each challenge upping the ante in both reward and boundaries.
- List Price: $19.95
- Your Price: $19.95
- In Stock: 203
You must login to place orders.
Cheap Thrills follows Craig, a struggling family man who loses his low-wage job and is threatened with eviction. In an effort to delay facing the music at home, he heads to a local bar and encounters an old friend. The couple engages the two friends in a series of innocent dares in exchange for money over the course of the evening, with each challenge upping the ante in both reward and boundaries.
- Winner! 2013 Boston Underground Film Festival - Director's Award: Best Feature (E.L. Katz)
- 2014 Limited Theatrical Release!
- CERTIFIED FRESH! ROTTEN TOMATOES - 88% Tomatometer (100 Reviews)
- Winner! 2013 Chicago International Film Festival - Gold Hugo Award: After Dark Competition
- Winner! 2013 South By Southwest (SXSW) - Audience Award: Midnight Films
- Winner! 2013 Fantasia Film Festival - Jury Prize: Best First Film (E.L. Katz)
- All-star cast includes Pat Healy (Better Call Saul), David Koechner (Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy), Sara Paxton (Sleepover) and Ethan Embry (That Thing You Do!)
Gleefully nasty and darkly hilarious, Cheap Thrills lives down to its title in the best possible way.
A thoroughly nasty piece of work, which doubtless will be the strongest selling point for this worst-case scenario about steadily escalating dares and degradations
—Joe Leydon, Variety
One of the most involving works of cinematic misanthropy in years.
—John Defore, The Hollywood Reporter
Cheap Thrills breezes by on a twisted idea, a fantastic cast, and a bunch of ethical quandaries that are both eerily uncomfortable and slyly fascinating at the same time.
—Scott Weinberg, Fearnet