- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: Blu-Ray/DVD
- SKU: MVD0237BR
- UPC: 760137023784
- Street Date: 12/15/17
- PreBook Date: 11/03/17
- Label: MVD Rewind »
- Genre: Alternative/Punk
- Run Time: 90 mins
- Number of Discs: 2
- Audio: 5.1 SURROUND
- Year of Production: 1980
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: WORLD EX UK
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Director: Lech Kowalski
- Producer: Tom Forcade
- Producer: Lech Kowalski
- Producer: Steven Menkin
- Director: Lech Kowalski
- Producers: Tom Forcade, Lech Kowalski, Steven Menkin
D.O.A.: A Right Of Passage (Special Edition)
Classic punk rockumentary following the Sex Pistols 1978 tour, available for the first time!
- List Price: $39.95
- Your Price: $39.95
- In Stock: 1118
You must login to place orders.
D.O.A.: A RIGHT OF PASSAGE is the ground-breaking classic "rockumentary" about the origin of punk rock. Centered around the Sex Pistols 1978 tour of the United States which ended with the group breaking up, the tour was the only one the Pistols played in the United States. Director Lech Kowalski (East of Paradise) followed the band with handheld cameras through the clubs and bars of their seven-city U.S. tour. Mixing this with footage of other contemporary bands, trends in the fashion capitals and punks of all shapes and colors, Kowalski captured a grainy, stained snapshot of the punk movement at its peak (which includes the now famous footage of Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen in bed) along with rare interview and concert footage of the late seventies punk rock music scene. With live performances by the Sex Pistols, The Dead Boys, Generation X (with Billy Idol), The Rich Kids, the X-Ray Spex, and Sham 69, along with additional music from The Clash, Iggy Pop, this iconic documentary is now available for the first time ever on disc!
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the main feature
- Original 2.0 Mono Audio (Uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- 12 page booklet with liner notes written by John Holmstrom, founding editor of PUNK Magazine
- 'Dead On Arrival: The Punk Documentary That Almost Never Was' - A feature length documentary about the making of D.O.A. A Rite of Passage produced by award-winning filmmaker (and former MTV Senior Producer) Richard Schenkman (HD)
- Reversible artwork
- 2-Sided Poster included
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Limited Edition Retro 'Video Store Style' Slipcover / O-Card (First Pressing Only)
- Rare Sex Pistols photo gallery
D.O.A. is as much of a Woodstock as punk may ever inspire.
—Janet Maslin, The New York Times
D.O.A. features state-of-the-art performances... Still, it's the eerie Spungen-Vicious dialogue that will probably haunt most viewers.
D.O.A.'s the perfect punk movie, its production values the cinematic equivalent of the best punk records: raw, loud, crude, and basic.
Perversely beautiful in its nihilistic repulsiveness.