- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: Blu-ray
- SKU: BLU-BD-7079
- UPC: 827058707992
- Street Date: 03/22/22
- PreBook Date: 02/15/22
- Label: Blue Underground »
- Genre: Horror
- Run Time: 100 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: 5.1 SURROUND
- Year of Production: 1971
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Delphine Seyrig
- Actor: John Karlen
- Actor: Danielle Ouimet
- Actor: Andrea Rau
- Actor: Paul Esser
- Actor: Georges Jamin
- Director: Harry Kumel
- Producer: Paul Collet
- Producer: Henry Lange
- Director: Harry Kumel
- Producers: Henry Lange, Paul Collet
Daughters Of Darkness (4k Remastered)
New 50th Anniversary 4K Restoration!
- List Price: $29.95
- Your Price: $29.95
- In Stock: 1780
You must login to place orders.
International screen icon Delphine Seyrig (LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD) stars as Elizabeth Bathory, an ageless Countess with a beautiful young 'companion' (Goth goddess Andrea Rau) and a legendary legacy of perversion. But when the two women seduce a troubled newlywed couple (Canadian beauty Danielle Ouimet and John Karlen of DARK SHADOWS and CAGNEY & LACEY), they unleash a frenzy of sudden violence and depraved desire that shocked both art house audiences and grindhouse crowds worldwide.
Co-written and directed by Harry Kumel, DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS remains one of the most exquisitely mesmerizing adult horror films ever made. Blue Underground is now proud to present the uncensored Director's Cut of this classic psychosexual shocker in a gorgeous 4K Restoration, packed with revealing Extras!
- HD Blu-ray (1080p) Widescreen 1.66:1 feature presentation
- Audio: Dolby Atmos (English); 5.1 DTS-HD (English); 1.0 DTS-HD (English, French)
- Subtitles: English SDH, Francais, Espanol, English for French Audio
- Audio Commentary #1 with Co-Writer/Director Harry Kumel
- Audio Commentary #2 with Star John Karlen and Journalist David Del Valle
- Audio Commentary #3 with Kat Ellinger, Author of Devil's Advocates: Daughters of Darkness
- Locations of Darkness - Interviews with Co-Writer/Director Harry Kumel and Co-Writer/Co-Producer Pierre Drouot
- Playing the Victim - Interview with Star Danielle Ouimet
- Daughter of Darkness - Interview with Star Andrea Rau
- Theatrical Trailers
- Radio Spots
- Alternate U.S. Main Titles
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Critically acclaimed 4K Restoration from the long-lost original 35mm camera negative, supervised and approved by Director Harry Kümel
- Remastered Blu-ray features 1080p HD Resolution, with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Packed with exclusive Extras
- From Award-winning Director Harry Kümel (MALPERTUIS, ELINE VERE)
- Stars International screen icon Delphine Seyrig (THE DISCREET CHARM OF THE BOURGEOISIE, LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD), John Karlen (CAGNEY & LACEY, DARK SHADOWS), Danielle Ouimet (SATAN’S SABBATH), Andrea Rau (LOLA), and Paul Esser (PIPPI LONGSTOCKING)
- Features a haunting score by Award-winning Composer François de Roubaix (LE SAMOURAI)
- In the sexy and shocking tradition of THE HUNGER, VAMPYRES, and VAMPYROS LESBOS!
- The erotic horror classic returns in a Remastered Standard Edition Blu-ray!
One Of The Most Elegant Horror Pictures Ever Made... An Ultra-Sophisticated, Utterly Daring Triumph Of Style And Mood!
—Kevin Thomas, L.A. Times
A Stylish Adult Vampire Movie!
—Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
Far And Away The Most Artistic Vampire Shocker In 10 Years!
—The New York Times
Erotic And Unusual... One Of The Finest Vampire Films Ever Produced!
—All Movie Guide
A Sickly Elegant Vampire Tale!
'Viewing the new 4K restoration of Harry Kümel's DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS feels a bit like experiencing a psychedelic dream because at times the explosion of colors truly is quite overwhelming. The new Atmos track that was produced for the restoration is outstanding as well. Needless to say, this upcoming 4K Blu-ray release offers a tremendous upgrade in quality over the first Blu-ray release of the film from 2011. Buy with confidence, folks. This is yet another definitive home video release of a genre film from Blue Underground. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!'