- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: BLU-RAY DISC
- SKU: MVD7121BR
- UPC: 760137712190
- Street Date: 03/31/15
- PreBook Date: 02/24/15
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Western
- Run Time: 114 mins
- Number of Discs: 3
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1967
- Region Code: 1
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: US
- Language: Italian
Cast & Crew
- Lee Van Cleef
- Giuliano Gemma
- Walter Rilla
- Director: Tonino Valerii
- Director: Tonino Valerii
Day Of Anger Blu-Ray/DVD
Never come between a gun and its target...
- List Price: $39.95
- Your Price: $39.95
- In Stock: -4
You must login to place orders.
When Sergio Leone turned Lee Van Cleef into a major star with For a Few Dollars More and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, the actor sensibly stayed in Italy to make several more spaghetti westerns, including this one from Leone's former assistant Tonino Valerii that genre aficionados rank amongst the best ever made. Giuliano Gemma plays street cleaner Scott Mary, relentlessly bullied by the people of the small town of Clifton. When legendarily ruthless master gunfighter Frank Talby (Van Cleef) rides into town, Scott seizes the opportunity to lift himself out of the gutter, and possibly even surpass Talby's own skills. But what is Talby doing in Clifton in the first place? This lively, intelligent western, notable for the chemistry between its charismatic leads, some memorable action set-pieces (including a rifle duel on horseback that has to be seen to be believed), and a jazzy Riz Ortolani score, is presented here in an exclusive high-definition restoration from the original Techniscope negative.
- Brand new restoration of the original 35mm Techniscope camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of both the Italian and International versions of the film
- Original uncompressed mono audio
- Newly translated English subtitles for Italian audio and optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for English audio
- Brand new interview with screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi
- Brand new interview with Tonino Valerii's biographer Roberto Curti
- Previously unreleased 2008 interview with Tonino Valerii
- Deleted scene
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Reinhard Kleist
- Booklet featuring new writing on the film by spaghetti western expert Howard Hughes, illustrated with original archive stills
- 3-disc Blu-ray-DVD set
- Two versions of the film
- Brand new special features
- Brand new restoration of the original camera negative
- First time on Blu-ray in the world!
The real deal Van Cleef, complete with gunsight eyes [and] Giuliana Gemma in fine form and one of the best theme tunes you'll ever hear. All in all, this one is a winner
—Spaghetti Western Database
Day of Anger is a top shelf release from Arrow Video. A must-have for fans of Van Cleef and the spaghetti western genre. It's a fantastic film and a terrific showcase for an icon of cinematic badassery.
I'm in awe of what Arrow Films has delivered with this opening salvo, and that goes for their choices of films for the label's American debut as well as the truly exceptional presentations they've put together. Very, very Highly Recommended.
You won't be disappointed in any way by this perfect presentation. Welcome to America, Arrow Video.
Arrow has put a lot of effort into this restoration, going so far as to include three versions of the film, including the truncated version that was released theatrically in the United States.
Like the best spaghetti westerns, Day Of Anger injects social commentary into its flashy widescreen vistas and ear-catching music
Arrow has put together quite an admirable package for this unduly under-celebrated Spaghetti Western, which receives our immediate recommendation for the genre's fans.
—Under the Radar