- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: 4K Ultra HD
- SKU: US88FU001
- UPC: 760137105107
- Street Date: 09/13/22
- PreBook Date: 07/05/22
- Label: 88 FILMS »
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Run Time: 118 mins
- Number of Discs: 2
- Audio: 5.1 SURROUND
- Year of Production: 1997
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot:
- Territory: NORTH AMERICA
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Mark Dacascos
- Actor: Kadeem Hardison
- Actor: John Pyper-Ferguson
- Actor: Brittany Murphy
- Director: Steve Wang
- Producer: Michael Leahy
- Director: Steve Wang
- Producers: Michael Leahy
Drive (Special Edition) [4K Ultra HD]
Like a mash-up of ROBOCOP and LETHAL WEAPON with added Kung Fu, this movie will keep you hooked with its thrilling pace and fabulous sci-fi premise.
- List Price: $44.95
- Your Price: $44.95
- In Stock: 1947
You must login to place orders.
Starring Marc Dacascos (CRYING FREEMAN, JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3 - PARABELLUM) and Kadeem Hardison (I'M GONNA GIT YOU SUCKA, VAMPIRE IN BROOKLYN) This fast and furious action flick combines the superhero film with the cop buddy movie in a high-octane chase feature populated with explosive Shaw Brothers style martial arts set pieces in a bombastically entertaining slice of nineties fun.
When special agent Toby Wong (Dacascos) is fitted with an advanced bio device giving him super-human powers he fears that he and the new technology will be exploited for ill gain when the Chinese government takes back control of Hong Kong. Fleeing to San Francisco he plans to sell the device to a company in Los Angeles but when he teams up with down on his luck singer Malik (Hardison) he finds himself being pursued by ruthless assassin Madison and his band of mercenaries. Like a sort of mash-up of ROBOCOP, IRON MAN and LETHAL WEAPON with added Kung Fu along with an all-star supporting cast cast that includes Brittany Murphy (Clueless), Sanaa Lathan (Alien vs Predator), Tracey Walter (Repo Man) and Ron Yuan (Mulan), this unashamed hybrid genre piece will keep you hooked with its thrill a minute pace and fabulous science fiction premise.
- Limited Edition Slipcase with Artwork by Sam Gilbey
- 4K Ultra HD (2160p) presentation of the Director's Cut in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Audio: Dolby Atmos, 2.0 PCM, 5.1 DTS-HD MA
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Audio commentary on Director's Cut with Director Steve Wang, Fight Choreographer Koichi Sakamoto and Stars Mark Dacascos and Kadeem Harrison
- Drive: Original Cut in 2K HD with optional English Subtitles (HD, 1:39:00)
- NEW! Highway to Nowhere - Jason Tobin & Drive featurette (HD, 20:00)
- Drive: The Force Behind The Storm' documentary (SD, 47:42)
- Six Deleted Scenes (SD, 08:42)
- Interview gallery with cast, director and crew including stars Mark Dacascos and Kadeem Hardison, director Steve Wang, Second Unit Director Wyatt Weed and Stunt Coordinator Koichi Sakamoto (SD, 24:30)
- Original Trailer (SD, 01:38)
- Reversible Artwork
- WINNER! Best International Film Award at the 3rd Annual Fantasia Film Festival!
- WINNER! Minami Toshiko critics award at the Yubari International Fantastic Adventure Film Festival.
- All star cast includes Mark Dacascos (John Wick 3: Parabellum), Kadeem Hardison (White Men Can't Jump), Brittany Murphy (Clueless), Sanaa Lathan (Alien vs Predator), Tracey Walter (Repo Man) and Ron Yuan (Mulan).
- Originally straight to video Drive has over the years amassed a huge cult following.
- Includes BOTH the Extended Directors Cut (4K) + the Original Theatrical Cut (2K) of the film.
- First Time Ever on 4K Ultra HD!
You know... Every now and again somebody somewhere sends me a video tape that I have absolutely no expectations for, and it kicks my ass. DRIVE... Well... It kicked my ass. First off, this is a film that went straight to video here in the United States, and ya know.... It shouldn't have. It's vastly entertaining.
—Harry Knowles, Aintitcool.com
Drive doesn't have any outsized ambitions, but it still is a good deal better than its straight to video background might suggest. A decent if derivative premise and some outstanding fight and stunt work make this goofily enjoyable, and this Blu-ray relea
Drive is a fun little gem that most people missed because it has the straight-to-video stink on it. But if you're a fan of action movies with a little more to them, Drive comes recommended on Blu-ray.
—The Digital Bits
The gloriously over-the-top ethos of the movie is so entirely divorced from reality that, at a certain point, it stakes a claim in the realm of surrealism. Brittany Murphy steals the show as an amusingly horny motel manager. She's clearly having a great
This new 4K UHD release offers solid technical merits (especially audio) and appealing supplements. Recommended.
—Jeffrey Kauffman, Blu-ray.com
from a time when independent productions were more ambitious
—Nicholas Sheffo, Fulvue Drive-in
Drive is filled with action and Dacascos kicks so much butt throughout the film.
—Marc Ferman, The Film Junkies