- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: Blu-Ray/DVD
- SKU: AV015
- UPC: 760137753292
- Street Date: 09/22/15
- PreBook Date: 08/11/15
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Horror
- Run Time: 87 mins
- Number of Discs: 2
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1977
- Region Code: 1
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Neville Brand
- Mel Ferrer
- Carolyn Jones
- Director: Tobe Hooper
- Director: Tobe Hooper
Eaten Alive Bluray/DVD
MEET THE MANIAC & HIS FRIEND
- List Price: $39.95
- Your Price: $39.95
- In Stock: 296
You must login to place orders.
MEET THE MANIAC & HIS FRIEND. Nearly a decade before he donned Freddy Kruger's famous red and green sweater, horror icon Robert Englund delivered a supremely sleazy performance in Eaten Alive - another essay in taut Southern terror from Tobe Hooper, director of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Deep in the Louisiana bayou sits the ramshackle Starlight Hotel, destination of choice for those who like to check in but not check out! Presided over by the bumbling, mumbling Judd (and his pet croc which he keeps in a large pond out front), the patron of this particular establishment may seem like a good-natured ol' Southern gent - but he has a mean temper on him, and a mighty large scythe to boot... Oozing atmosphere from its every pore (the entire film was shot on a sound-stage at the famous Raleigh Studios, which lends it a queasy, claustrophobic feel) Eaten Alive matches The Texas Chain Saw Massacre for sheer insanity - and even drafts in Chain Saw star Marilyn Burns as the terrorised woman-in-peril, alongside William Finley and Mel Ferrer.
- Brand new 2K transfer from the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearin
- Audio commentary with co-writer and producer Mardi Rustam, make-up artist Craig Reardon and stars Roberta Collins, William Finley and Kyle Richards
- New introduction to the film by director Tobe Hooper
- Brand new interview with Hooper
- My Name is Buck: Star Robert Englund discusses his acting career
- The Butcher of Elmendorf: The Legend of Joe Ball - The story of the South Texas bar owner on whom Eaten Alive is loosely based
- 5ive Minutes with Marilyn Burns - The star of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre talks about working on Eaten Alive
- The Gator Creator: archival interview with Hooper
- Original theatrical trailers for the film under its various titles Eaten Alive, Death Trap, Starlight Slaughter and Horror Hotel
- US TV and Radio Spots
- Alternate credits sequence
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- More to be announced!
- Stars horror icon Robert Englund
- From Tobe Hooper, director of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- New special features and artwork
Sit back and enjoy the madness, the insanity, the completely mad ride into the Starlight Hotel
—Horror Cult Films
Arrow Video has lavished this seminal slice of '70s sleaze with the white glove treatment: a new and achingly gorgeous 2K transfer, crystal clear audio, and hours of compelling extras. Highly Recommended.
This release is one of the best from Arrow. It looks absolutely incredible.
An outstanding release by Arrow Video... If you are a fan of this film, you most definitely want to purchase this.
—Body Count Rising
Arrow Video really pulled out all of the stops for this release, with some old and new special features. The new 2k restoration looks absolute immaculate and brings out the sleaziness of the film. You're not going to see it looking any better than this.