- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: MVD10350BR
- Format: BLU-RAY DISC
- UPC: 760137103509
- Street Date: 12/13/22
- PreBook Date: 11/08/22
- Label: 101 FILMS »
- Genre: Horror
- Run Time: 91 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1992
- Region Code: 1
- Box Lot:
- Territory: NORTH AMERICA
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Michael Parkinson
- Actor: Sarah Greene
- Actor: Mike Smith
- Actor: Gillian Bevan
- Director: Lesley Manning
- Director: Lesley Manning
BBC reporters performing a live, on-air investigation of a house in Greater London, at which poltergeist activity was believed to be taking place
- List Price: $29.95
- Your Price: $29.95
- In Stock: -134
You must login to place orders.
The BBC gives over a whole evening to an 'investigation into the supernatural'. Four respected presenters and a camera crew attempt to discover the truth behind 'The most haunted house in Britain', expecting a light-hearted scare or two and probably the uncovering of a hoax. They think they are in control of the situation. They think they are safe. The viewers settle down and decide to watch 'for a laugh'. Ninety minutes later the BBC, and the country, was changed, and the consequences are still felt today.
- NEW! 30th Anniversary feature length documentary
- NEW! Audio Commentary with film historians Dr. Shellie McMurdo (University of Hertfordshire/University of Roehampton) and Dr. Stella Gaynor (University of Salford)
- Archival commentary with writer Stephen Volk, producer Ruth Baumgarten and director Lesley Manning
- 'Shooting Reality' featurette by Lesley Manning
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: 32 page softcover booklet
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: 'Ghostwatch' Slipcase / Slipcover
- Stars Michael Parkinson (Love, Actually), Sarah Greene (The Man Who Knew Too Little) and Craig Charles (Red Dwarf)
- Ghostwatch was subsequently selected for inclusion in the BFI Mediatheque, for the upcoming Haunted collection, from December 2013-onwards.
- First Time Ever on Blu-ray!
- From Writer Stephen Volk (The Guardian (1990), The Awakening (2011))
- The film was met with a positive response from both fans and critics alike. Notably, leading film and TV magazines SFX and Starburst awarded 4/5 and 8/10 ratings respectively.
- Ghostwatch is a now cult classic British reality-horror/pseudo-documentary film, first broadcast on BBC1 on Halloween night, 1992.
- During and following its first and only UK broadcast, the show attracted a considerable furor, resulting in an estimated 1,000,000 phone call enquiries to the BBC switchboard on the night of broadcast, comprising a mixture of complaints & praise.
I love Ghostwatch. So scary!
—Writer / Director Guillermo del Toro
Lawden's passion for Ghostwatch is shared by many of its younger viewers, drawn back in adulthood by its chilling allure [...] He scores an impressive coup in securing interviews with all the key players... A worthwhile enterprise.
—Simon McCallum, Sight & Sound
Extraordinary... A thrilling ghost story... A supernatural TV landmark!
Ghostwatch inadvertently outdoes most of the “found footage” horror films that thirty years later have all of the tech and modernity at their disposal.
—ADAM KAUTZER, The Movie Isle
Ghostwatch mimics the live event formula so well it’s too much fun not to play along.
—GREG WALTON, Movieline Online