- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: Blu-ray
- SKU: MVD10350BR
- UPC: 760137103509
- Street Date: 10/25/22
- PreBook Date: 09/20/22
- Label: 101 FILMS »
- Genre: Horror
- Run Time: 91 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1992
- Region Code: 1
- Box Lot:
- Territory: NORTH AMERICA
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Michael Parkinson
- Actor: Sarah Greene
- Actor: Mike Smith
- Actor: Gillian Bevan
- Director: Lesley Manning
- Director: Lesley Manning
BBC reporters performing a live, on-air investigation of a house in Greater London, at which poltergeist activity was believed to be taking place
- List Price: $29.95
- Your Price: $29.95
- In Stock: -17
You must login to place orders.
The BBC gives over a whole evening to an 'investigation into the supernatural'. Four respected presenters and a camera crew attempt to discover the truth behind 'The most haunted house in Britain', expecting a light-hearted scare or two and probably the uncovering of a hoax. They think they are in control of the situation. They think they are safe. The viewers settle down and decide to watch 'for a laugh'. Ninety minutes later the BBC, and the country, was changed, and the consequences are still felt today.
- NEW! 30th Anniversary feature length documentary
- NEW! Audio Commentary with film historians Dr. Shellie McMurdo (University of Hertfordshire/University of Roehampton) and Dr. Stella Gaynor (University of Salford)
- Archival commentary with writer Stephen Volk, producer Ruth Baumgarten and director Lesley Manning
- 'Shooting Reality' featurette by Lesley Manning
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: 32 page softcover booklet
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: 'Ghostwatch' Slipcase / Slipcover
- Stars Michael Parkinson (Love, Actually), Sarah Greene (The Man Who Knew Too Little) and Craig Charles (Red Dwarf)
- Ghostwatch was subsequently selected for inclusion in the BFI Mediatheque, for the upcoming Haunted collection, from December 2013-onwards.
- First Time Ever on Blu-ray!
- From Writer Stephen Volk (The Guardian (1990), The Awakening (2011))
- The film was met with a positive response from both fans and critics alike. Notably, leading film and TV magazines SFX and Starburst awarded 4/5 and 8/10 ratings respectively.
- During and following its first and only UK broadcast, the show attracted a considerable furor, resulting in an estimated 1,000,000 phone call enquiries to the BBC switchboard on the night of broadcast, comprising a mixture of complaints & praise.
- Ghostwatch is a now cult classic British reality–horror/pseudo-documentary film, first broadcast on BBC1 on Halloween night, 1992.
I love Ghostwatch. So scary!
—Writer / Director Guillermo del Toro
Lawden's passion for Ghostwatch is shared by many of its younger viewers, drawn back in adulthood by its chilling allure [...] He scores an impressive coup in securing interviews with all the key players... A worthwhile enterprise.
—Simon McCallum, Sight & Sound
Extraordinary... A thrilling ghost story... A supernatural TV landmark!