- An MVD Exclusive
- Format: CD
- SKU: CM073121
- UPC: 875531020960
- Street Date: 10/01/21
- PreBook Date: 08/27/21
- Label: Cellar Live »
- Genre: Jazz
- Run Time: 50 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Year of Production: 2021
- Box Lot: 150
- Territory: WORLD
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
Landau - Landau Live In Vegas
Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Sings and Swings Sinatra and Soul-recorded live at the world-famous Caesars Palace Hotel Casino
- List Price: $12.99
- Your Price: $12.99
- In Stock: 404
You must login to place orders.
Landau Eugene Murphy Jr., the Sinatra and Soul singing ''America's Got Talent'' winner celebrates the 10th anniversary of his America's Got Talent win with ''Landau Live in Las Vegas'', a tribute to the Great American Songbook and Motown Magic.
Recorded on his birthday before a swinging Caesars Palace audience, Landau celebrated with a musical boundary-stretching set that few in the crowd will forget.
Landau's velvety voice fits like a glove on Cole Porter classics ''I've Got You Under My Skin'', ''I Get A Kick Out Of You'' and ''Night and Day'', and Sinatra staples ''Come Fly With Me'', ''L.O.V.E'' and ''Witchcraft''. The highlight of the album's first half may be Landau's wistful ''One For My Baby, One For The Road'' featuring a muted, mournful trumpet solo from Vegas showroom vet Greg Wing, a longtime member of the Landau, Tom Jones and Buddy Rich bands.
Landau then switches gears in a way that few other singers can convincingly pull off, with soulful takes on Leon Russell's ''A Song For You'', fellow West Virginian Bill Withers ''Ain't No Sunshine'' and ''Just Once'' from Quincy Jones and James Ingram. Landau kicks the party into high gear with ''My Girl'' and ''Ain't Too Proud To Beg'', getting a backup vocal assist from Theo Peoples, the only singer who was a member of both the Temptations and Four Tops.
It may be true ''What Happens In Vegas, Stays In Vegas'' but in the case of ''Landau Live In Las Vegas'', we've got a musical record of what went down preserved for musical posterity, and that's a mighty good thing.
- Landau has released four albums, an Amazon best-selling and award-winning book “Landau-from Washing Cars to Hollywood Star”, a “Live In Washington DC” concert DVD and appeared in a cameo role in the film “Choices”.
- Landau has been honored as one of the United States Jaycees Ten Outstanding Young Americans and was named West Virginian of the Year by the Governor of the West Virginia and the Charleston Gazette-Mail, the state’s largest newspaper. He was awarded an h
- Landau’s robust touring schedule has taken him across three continents and includes a mix of festivals, performing arts centers, theaters, upscale jazz clubs and dozens of high-end corporate dates. He has headlined and sold out in Las Vegas, Hollywood,
- Landau has appeared on national television shows including “The View”, “The Talk”, “Anderson Cooper”, “The Today Show”, “Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade”, “The Hollywood Christmas Parade”, etc. as well as on hundreds of local and regional media outlets. He c
- Landau has helped raise millions of dollars for charities through his work with the Children’s Home Society, the Denver Foundation, the American Red Cross Flood Relief National Telethon, has performed for our troops in Europe and more.
- Landau has honored his country with the singing of the National Anthem prior to sporting events for the Washington Nationals, Los Angeles Lakers, WVU Mountaineers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Baltimore Orioles, Washington Wizards, and many others.
- Landau is the featured spokesperson on a statewide outdoor billboard campaign and on the back of statewide Kroger’s grocery and Dollar General receipts as part of a “It’s Never Too Late To Graduate” adult literacy campaign in conjunction with the West V
'Could I see Landau headlining in Las Vegas? Absolutely.'
'It was a very proud and emotional moment to watch Landau win America's Got Talent; my family was pulling for him all the way from California. I'm so pleased that Landau is living his dream; a true American success story.'
—NBA Legend Jerry West
'Landau is the complete package: talent, personality, character, class and humility, the ingredients for longevity. His sound is clean, pure and rich, but don't get it twisted...he's got R&B chops as well. He's very versed in his art and that should serve h
—Glenn Leonard The Temptations
Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr is a truly inspirational and gripping memoir that reminds us all it is never too late to follow your dreams.'
—Sean Daly, AGTNews.com