- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: AV508
- Format: 4K Ultra HD
- UPC: 760137124849
- Street Date: 06/27/23
- PreBook Date: 05/23/23
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Comedy
- Run Time: 95 mins
- Number of Discs: 2
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1995
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot:
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Shannen Doherty
- Actor: Ben Affleck
- Actor: Jason Lee
- Actor: Jeremy London
- Actor: Claire Forlani
- Actor: Joey Lauren Adams
- Actor: Michael Rooker
- Actor: Ethan Suplee
- Actor: Jason Mewes
- Actor: Priscilla Barnes
- Actor: Stan Lee
- Director: Kevin Smith
- Director: Kevin Smith
Mallrats (Limited Edition) [4K Ultra HD]
They're not there to shop. They're not there to work. They're just there.
- List Price: $49.95
- Your Price: $49.95
- In Stock: -454
You must login to place orders.
THEY'RE NOT THERE TO SHOP. THEY'RE NOT THERE TO WORK. THEY'RE JUST THERE. Following the smash success of his first feature, Clerks, Kevin Smith returned with Mallrats. Spawning a raft of characters and in-jokes that Smith would carry throughout his career, the film continued the one-of-a-kind comedic world known as the View Askewniverse. Simultaneously dumped by their girlfriends, comic book obsessive Brodie (Jason Lee) and best friend TS (Jeremy London) plan to ease the pain of their losses by taking take a trip to the local mall. Amongst shoppers, they discover the mall is being used as the venue for a dating show, in which TS's girlfriend Brandi is the star. Hatching a plan to win back their significant others, Brodie and TS enlist the help of professional delinquents Jay and Silent Bob to hijack the gameshow in a bid to win back Brandi. Meanwhile, Brodie carries out his own mission to make good his relationship with Rene (Shannen Doherty), who has attracted the attentions of his nemesis Shannon (Ben Affleck). Featuring a cast including Joey Lauren Adams, Ben Affleck, who would go on to be recurring collaborators in Smith's movies, Mallrats can now be rediscovered in this 4K Ultra-HD Blu-ray edition boasting a beautiful restoration and hours of bonus content.
- 4K restoration by Arrow Films of both the Theatrical and Extended cuts of the film, approved by director Kevin Smith and cinematographer David Klein
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Original DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on all cuts
- Audio commentary on the Theatrical version and and other cut with director Kevin Smith, producer Scott Mosier, archivist Vincent Pereira, and actors Jason Lee, Ben Affleck, and Jason Mewes
- Introduction to the film by Kevin Smith
- My Mallrat Memories, an interview with Kevin Smith
- Tribute to producer Jim Jacks by Kevin Smith
- Interview with actor Jason Mewes
- Interview with Cinematographer David Klein
- Hollywood of the North, an animated making-of documentary featuring Minnesota crew members who worked on the film
- Deleted Scenes, Kevin Smith and Vincent Pereira discuss deleted scenes and sequences originally cut from the film
- Outtakes and behind the scenes footage
- Cast interviews from the original set
- Erection of an Epic: The making of Mallrats, an archival retrospective with cast and crew looking at the making and release of the film
- Q&A with Kevin Smith, archival Q&A filmed for the 10th anniversary
- ‘Build Me Up Buttercup’ music video
- Still galleries
- Archival introduction to the extended cut by Kevin Smith and Scott Mossier
- Soundtrack EPK
- Theatrical trailer
- Easter eggs
- Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Philip Kemp
- Fold out poster featuring replica blueprints for ‘Operation Drive-by’ and ‘Operation Dark Knight’
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Robert Sammelin
- Long-awaited Mallrats sequel is in-production now
- Kevin Smith's fanbase is rabid and engaged and the filmmaker will be promoting this new edition of Mallrats
- In one of Stan Lee's final cameos, the Mallrats script is prominently featured in the MCU's Captain Marvel movie, streaming now on Disney+
- Classic 90s alt-rock soundtrack featuring Weezer, Wax, Sublime, Sponge, Silverchair, Girls Against Boys, Elastica, Bush, Belly, and Archers of Loaf
- Global first 4K UHD release
This is gorgeous... Arrow offers three different cuts - theatrical, extended, and the TV edit. The original and TV versions offer new intros from Kevin Smith, and he's fantastic, even inspiring in his message. The added comics and soundtrack promo finish off a perfect bonus section.
The plethora of bonus materials make this worth it just to witness the director's filmmaking process as he went from the indies to the majors after just one film; very inspiring stuff to any budding filmmaker out there for sure!
This Arrow release offers superior technical merits in the video department in particular to the previous Universal releases, as well as a glut of excellent supplements. Recommended.
[Arrow] give the picture the expected bells and whistles, and with the benefit of hindsight, its dual-layer nostalgia holds up pretty well.
Arrow did a beautiful [release] of it... It has gorgeous artwork and looks better actually than the theatrical cut of the movie. It's packed, man, it's packed.
Mallrats is still a fun and enjoyable movie twenty-five years after its release. Arrow Video's Blu-ray release of the film offers a nice upgrade with excellent A/V quality and a bevy of bonus materials to sort through. For long-time fans, this comes highly recommended.
—The Digital Bits