- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: LIB-5122
- Format: LP
- UPC: 089353512224
- Street Date: 04/22/23
- PreBook Date: 03/18/23
- Label: Liberation Hall »
- Genre: Blues
- Run Time: 37:10 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1971
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: WORLD
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
Muddy Waters - Hollywood Blues Summit 1971
A 1971 performance from Muddy Waters, one of the most important singer-songwriter/guitarists of the post-modern blues era
- List Price: $24.99
- Your Price: $24.99
- In Stock: -44
You must login to place orders.
BLACK VINYL. Rock and roll hall of fame inductee Muddy Waters is one of the most important singer-songwriter/guitarists of the post-modern blues era. His early 1960s touring of the UK inspired many British musicians including the Rolling Stones that took their name from his classic song, "Rollin' Stone." Over the '60s into the early 1970s Waters became an international force performing on various bills and artist pairings on club, concert hall and festival stages.
This eight-song, never-before-released set was recorded at the legendary Ash Grove club in Los Angeles over the Blue Summit weekend (with Freddie King and Lightnin' Hopkins) over July 27 - August 1, 1971. The show was recorded not long before his infamous London sessions recordings. That album was one of his six Grammy winning Traditional Folk recordings throughout the '70s.
- Winner of five Blues Foundation Awards
- Inductee into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in 1987
- The Rock Hall of Fame has 4 of Waters songs in their list of '500 Songs That Shaped Rock and Roll'
- Inducted into the Blues Foundation Hall of Fame in 1980
- Received a Grammy 'Lifetime Achievement Award' in 1992
- Winner of Five Grammy Awards
- The US Postal Serviced issued a Muddy Waters commemorative stamp in 1994