- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: AV478
- Format: Blu-ray
- UPC: 760137113287
- Street Date: 12/06/22
- PreBook Date: 11/01/22
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Run Time: 96 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1988
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot:
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Wings Hauser
- George Kennedy
- Bo Hopkins
- Brion James
- Kimberly Beck
- Jean St. James
- Director: Nico Mastorakis
Nightmare At Noon
Scientists poison the water supply of a small town, turning the residents into homicidal maniacs who kill each other and anybody who passes through.
- List Price: $39.95
- Your Price: $39.95
- In Stock: 1231
You must login to place orders.
DON'T DRINK THE WATER! From cult director Nico Mastorakis (Island of Death, Hired to Kill) comes Nightmare at Noon, a hectic mashup of eco-horror and shoot 'em up full of daring stunts and explosive action! Something strange is afoot in a small remote town in Utah, as a series of sinister state experiments in the surrounding desert leads to the contamination of its water supply, transforming the residents into lethal brainless maniacs. Enter vacationing lawyer Ken Griffiths (Wings Hauser, Vice Squad), his sassy wife Cheri (Kimberly Beck) and Reilly (Bo Hopkins), the mysterious hitchhiker they pick up on the road, who find themselves thrust into the midst of this madness when they stop for a drink at the local diner. Featuring an epic score by Stanley Myers and Hans Zimmer (Inception, The Dark Knight series) and set amongst the spectacular backdrop of Arches National Park, Nightmare at Noon is a non-stop adrenaline pumping thrill ride!
- Brand new restoration from the original negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed stereo audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Optional Greek subtitles
- The Films of Nico Mastorakis: Nightmare at Noon, featurette on the making of the film with commentary from director Nico Mastorakis
- Behind-the-scenes footage
- Original onset interviews with actors Wings Hauser, Bo Hopkins, Kimberly Beck, George Kennedy and Brion James
- Image gallery accompanied by the film’s score from Stanley Myers and Hans Zimmer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Johnny Mains
More often than not Wings Hauser is the cure... Mastorakis makes Verhoeven's American satire seem subtle
Absolutely amazing. All films should be like this
The cheap thrills delivered by Nightmare at Noon more than make up for the dearth of cerebral engagement
—Jacob Knight, Birth.Movies.Death
the energy is infectious, particularly the stunts and explosions which play like a highlight reel from a much bigger production.
—GREG WALTON, Movieline Online
Technical merits are solid and the supplements very appealing for anyone who may be considering making a purchase.
—JEFFREY KAUFFMAN, Blu-ray.com
a well-paced, eventful, at times exciting/tense slice of straight to VHS fun.
—ROGER BATTY, Musique Machine
For fans, it’s definitely one to pick up.
—TIM SALMONS, The Digital Bits
This is the kind of film where the stunt department are the stars of the show almost as much as the actual cast.
—BUDD WILKINS, Slant Magazine
Nightmare at Noon really does have something for everybody and is sure to entertain.
—ROBERT ZIEGLER, Horror DNA
Nightmare at Noon is a true-blue Cult Classic. Highly Recommended!!!
—ADAM KAUTZER, The Movie Isle