- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: AV456
- Format: Blu-ray
- UPC: 760137997788
- Street Date: 03/29/22
- PreBook Date: 02/22/22
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Horror
- Run Time: 90 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1989
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot:
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Derek Rydall
- Gregory Scott Cummins
- Jonathan Goldsmith
- Kari Whitman
- Ken Foree
- Morgan Fairchild
- Pauly Shore
- Rob Estes
- Director: Richard Friedman
Phantom Of The Mall: Eric's Revenge (Standard Edition)
There was a Nightmare at the Mall. Eric the Phantom Struck.
- List Price: $39.95
- Your Price: $39.95
- In Stock: 17
You must login to place orders.
For high school sweethearts Eric and Melody, love's young dream turns into a nightmare when Eric apparently dies in a fire which engulfs his family home. One year later and Melody is trying to move on with her life, taking up a job at the new Midwood Mall along with her friends. But the mall, which stands on the very site of Eric's former home, has an uninvited guest - a shadowy, scarred figure who haunts its airducts and subterranean passageways, hellbent on exacting vengeance on the mall's crooked developers. Directed by Richard Friedman (Scared Stiff, Doom Asylum), and featuring star turns from Pauly Shore and Morgan Fairchild, Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge swoops onto Blu-ray in an extras-packed edition which proves that Arrow Video's love for '80s slasher fare never dies!
- 2K restoration of the Original Theatrical Cut from original film elements
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director Richard Friedman, moderated by filmmaker Michael Felsher
- Audio commentary with disc producer Ewan Cant and film historian/author Amanda Reyes
- Shop Til’ You Drop!: The Making of Phantom of the Mall – making-of documentary featuring interviews with director Richard Friedman, screenwriters Scott Schneid and Tony Michelman, actors Derek Rydall and Gregory Scott Cummins and more
- The Vandals Go to the Mall - an interview with Joe Escalante of The Vandals on the creation of the Phantom of the Mall theme song
- Alternate and Deleted Scenes from the TV Cut
- Domestic and International Trailers
- Image Gallery
- Scott J. Schneid and Tony Michelman's original script and associated special effects storyboards by Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr. [BD-ROM Content]
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Justin Osbourn
- Featured in Trailer Trauma 3: 80s Horrorthon
- Referenced in 'Pauly Shore Is Dead' and 'Midnight Madness: The Making of Popcorn'
- Great 80s cast led by MTV host Pauly Shore
Scarcely a scene isn't gross or ridiculous...snakes in the toilets, decapitations, skewerings, heads shoved into electric fans...s, skewerings, heads shoved into electric fans...
—Michael Wilmington, Los Angeles Times
snake bites a man on his penis while he's sitting on a toilet... a bloody eyeball shows up in someone's frozen yogurt. Morgan Fairchild, Pauly Shore, and Ken Foree made the best decisions of their lives (starring in Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge)
—Joseph A. Ziemba, Drafthouse.com
A fun transposition of Gaston Leroux's classic novel The Phantom of the Opera in the proper '80s context.
One of the last slashers of the 1980s, Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge is a fun time with a couple outlandish kills, some softly-lit love scene flashbacks with body double nudity, and a karate-proficient killer modeled after the Phantom of the Opera!
—The Movie Elite
Very entertaining. It's one of those movies that you put on with a group and everbody's going to have a great time. Loaded with features, including three cuts of the movie. I am so happy that Arrow is doing stuff like this.
Some good kill scenes here, like a cobra in a bathroom stall, a rope shoved into the teeth of an escalator for a slow hanging, and Morgan Fairchild tossed through a window onto a spike.
Arrow Video has rescued yet another video store staple from obscurity and finally brought Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge to blu-ray for the very first time. And in a special limited edition package to boot!
As perfect a synthesis of '80s self-obsession, teenage TLA fervor, and gonzo horror as you might hope for.
—The Los Angeles Beat
Arrow Video's multiple presentations of Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge, as well as the excellent extras package that accompanies them, definitely enhances the appreciation of the film
—The Digital Bits
the folks at Arrow Video have done another classy and thorough job of this double-disc set. If you enjoy more popcorn bound slice 'n' dice, this release is most certainly a must!
My Stepmother is an Alien [has] a certain quirky charm, especially for those who grew up seeing the film repeatedly on cable
—Gabriel Sigler, Bad Feeling Magazine
A generally enjoyable slasher
—Don Anelli, Don's Horror World
What could be more 80s than turning a classic tale about love lost, revenge, and mystery into a slasher set inside of a mall? I highly recommend the Arrow Video blu. It’s worth every cent!
If I had seen this movie as a kid I probably would have absolutely loved I –and I still really like it... well worth picking up.
—Project Black T-Shirt, Adam Cesare
Arrow Video has released a Blu-Ray featuring a very pleasing A/V presentation and an array of special features that you will not want to miss. This will likely appeal to those who are devotees to the slasher genre. Recommended.
—Dillon Gonzales, Geek Vibes Nation