- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: US88FU003
- Format: 4K Ultra HD
- UPC: 760137113775
- Street Date: 04/25/23
- PreBook Date: 11/08/22
- Label: 88 FILMS »
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Run Time: 91 mins
- Number of Discs: 2
- Audio: 5.1 SURROUND
- Year of Production: 1992
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot:
- Territory: NORTH AMERICA
- Language: English (dubbed)
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Jackie Chan
- Actor: Michelle Yeoh
- Actor: Maggie Cheung
- Director: Stanley Tong
- Producer: Willie Chan
- Director: Stanley Tong
- Producers: Willie Chan
Police Story 3: Supercop
A Hong Kong detective teams up with his female Red Chinese counterpart to stop a Chinese drug czar.
- List Price: $44.95
- Your Price: $44.95
- In Stock: -119
You must login to place orders.
To infiltrate a drug cartel, police Inspector Chan Ka Kui (Jackie Chan, Rush Hour, Rumble in the Bronx) goes undercover in a Chinese prison. There, he earns the trust of Panther (Yuen Wah, Kung Fu Hustle), a cartel member, by breaking him out of prison. With the help of another undercover agent (Michelle Yeoh, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), they travel to Hong Kong and join up with Panther's gang. Ka Kui is accepted by the gang's leader (Ken Tsang), but his operation is jeopardized when Ka Kui's girlfriend (Maggie Cheung, Hero) accidentally reveals his true identity.
- LIMITED EDITION - Slipcase with brand-new artwork from Sean Longmore
- LIMITED EDITION - Double-sided foldout Poster
- LIMITED EDITION - Six Replica Lobby Cards
- LIMITED EDITION - 80-page perfect-bound book featuring an interview with John Wakefield and new writing on the film by C.J. Lines + selected archive materials
- 4K (2160p) UHD presentation of the Hong Kong Cut [96 mins] in original 2.35:1 Aspect Ratio with Dolby Vision encoding (HDR10+ Compatible)
- Cantonese-language options in Dolby Atmos, Cantonese 1.0 and Cantonese 2.0 [Home Video Mix] with newly translated subtitles and SDH (Hong Kong Cut)
- English Mono Dub (Hong Kong Cut)
- 4K (2160p) UHD presentation of the International US Cut [91 mins] with English 5.1 & Cantonese mono with English Subtitles and SDH
- Audio Commentary by Frank Djeng
- Flying High - Jackie Chan Interview
- Dancing with Death - Michelle Yeoh Interview
- The Stuntmaster General - Stanley Tong Interview
- The Fall Guy - Ken Lo Interview
- Stanley Tong Interview (2004)
- Outtakes and Behind the Scenes
- Hong Kong Trailer
- English Trailer
- US TV Spots (x7)
- US Theatrical Teaser
- US Theatrical Trailer
- Japanese Teaser
- US Video Screener Promo
- Guy Laroche 1984 commercial with Jackie Chan & Michelle Yeoh
- In 2014, Time Out polled several film critics, directors, actors and stunt actors to list their top action films. 'Supercop' was listed at 75th place on this list.
- Police Story 3: Supercop has a 'Certified Fresh' rating of 94% on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes from 50 reviews!
- In 2009, director Quentin Tarantino named Police Story 3 as one of his favorite films of the past seventeen years.
- After the North American success of Jackie Chan's 'Rumble in the Bronx', Police Story 3 received a wide release in North America in July 1996. Opening at 1,406 theatres, it grossed $5,503,176 ($3,914 per screen), on its way to a total gross of $16,270,600
- From director Stanley Tong (Rumble in the Bronx, First Strike)
- First time available in 4K in North America!
- Stars Jackie Chan (Rush Hour), Michelle Yeoh (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), Maggie Cheung (Hero) and Kenneth Tsang (The Replacement Killers)
The end credits (which show out-takes of failed stunts) are one of Police Story 3's highlights. There are more laughs in this hilarious three-minute sequence than in the whole of Kingpin. I can't think of a better reason to stay through the entire movie.
—James Berardinelli, ReelViews
Chan seems to have met his soul mate in Khan [Yeoh's credited name], Asia's top female action star. Like Chan, Khan does her own fighting and stunts.
—Richard Harrington, The Washington Post
[Supercop features the] 'greatest stunts ever filmed in any movie ever'.