- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: SB-01
- Format: DVD
- UPC: 760137258797
- Street Date: 09/17/19
- PreBook Date: 08/13/19
- Label: Soundview »
- Genre: Comedy
- Run Time: 82 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 2017
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: WORLD
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Roger Earl
- Michael Stanley
- Alex Ortiz
- Aditi Molly Bhanja
- Chris Wolfe
- Andrew Yackel
- Pakob Jarernpone
- Katelynn E Newberry
- Melissa O'Brien
- Mike Compton
- Will Scarborough
- Brian Bowman
- Cedric Gegel
- Director: Ben Bacharach-White
- Producer: Mark Stewart
- Producer: Tony Deemer
- Producer: Leah Wharton
- Director: Ben Bacharach-White
- Producers: Mark Stewart, Tony Deemer, Leah Wharton
Mock & Roll
A Spine-Tapping Rockumentary
- List Price: $9.95 New Price!
- Your Price: $9.95
- In Stock: 78
You must login to place orders.
Featuring the music of Foghat and Black Owls... Ohio parody band Liberty Mean is tapped out, clueless and struggling to raise the needed money to get to the South by Southwest Music Festival where their dreams can become reality. Unfortunately, bad decisions and absurd circumstances lead the band down a dark and stormy road in this frenetic caricature of rock and roll reverie. Featuring special appearances by Roger Earl of the legendary British band Foghat (of "Slow Ride" fame), the North Coast's favorite son Michael Stanley, and Alex Ortiz, the comedian from Comedy Central and HBO, Mock & Roll is no story of 'has-beens'. Instead, it's the tale of 'never-beens" where visions go screwy and time plays against the odds.
- M&M scene
- Rick talks Bun into staying with the band
- House Party Performance, getting kicked out
- OJ and Mountain Dew
- Winner: Best Original Score at EyeCatcher International Film Festival
- Winner: Comedy Award at Cleveland's Indie Gathering
- Perfect for fans of This is Spinal Tap, Phantom of the Paradise and other rock related mocumentaries.
- Features Roger Earl (Foghat), Michael Stanley (Michael Stanley Band), and Alex Ortiz (HBO, Comedy Central)
- Soundtrack features the music of Foghat and Black Owls
- Great festival exposure including Official Selection at Orlando Film Festival, Hollywood Florida Film Festival and Adrian International Film Festival
- World Premiere at Austin Revolution Film Festival with SIX nominations including Best Comedy, Director, Actress and Actor...
- Winner: Best Feature at Inside The Loop Film Festival
It took a few pages from the theatre of the asburd, sprinkled it with a dash of comic tomfoolery and marinated it in pure goofiness
—Pete Vogel, Pencilstorm
TWO THUMBS UP - While the film is not nearly as over the top as the classic band mockumentary Spinal Tap, fans will appreciate and commiserate with the film's band, nodding in agreement with many of the harebrained schemes
—Rick Gethin, MusicInMotion
It's safe to hop on the 'Liberty Mean' bandwagon and 'surrender' to the will of this lively and welcoming ensemble.
—Nate Adams, TheOnlyCritic
You don't need to be a groupie to join in on the fun in Mock and Roll
Think of Weird Al if he just did all Beatles parodies...I would very much like to watch another movie with these characters.
Mock and Roll is the modern day 'This Is Spinal Tap' and without a doubt deserves to be mentioned with it.
Funny and unexpected twists...more in common with The Office or Kevin Smith's debut Clerks.
..about these 4 characters, I really warmed to them instantly.