- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: SEV10102DV
- Format: DVD
- UPC: 760137101024
- Street Date: 07/26/22
- PreBook Date: 06/21/22
- Label: Severin Films »
- Genre: Drama
- Run Time: 96 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1980
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: NORTH AMERICA
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Actor: Linda Manz
- Actor: Dennis Hopper
- Actor: Sharon Farrell
- Actor: Don Gordon
- Actor: Raymond Burr
- Actor: Eric Allen
- Actor: Fiona Brody
- Actor: David L. Crowley
- Actor: Joan Hoffman
- Actor: Carl Nelson
- Actor: Francis Ann Pettit
- Actor: Glen Pfeifer
- Director: Dennis Hopper
- Producer: Jean Gontier
- Producer: Gary Jules Jouvenat
- Producer: Leonard Yakir
- Director: Dennis Hopper
- Producers: Gary Jules Jouvenat, Jean Gontier, Leonard Yakir
Out Of The Blue
CeBe is a 15-year-old who idolizes Elvis, punk rock and her ex-con father, is surrounded by junkies and predators, and follows them all into oblivion.
- List Price: $19.95
- Your Price: $19.95
- In Stock: 49
You must login to place orders.
THE 4K RESTORATION OF DENNIS HOPPER'S LOST CLASSIC
It's been called "shocking" (Film Comment), "blistering" (Filmmaker) and "a flat-out masterpiece" (The Playlist) yet remained virtually unseen for over 40 years. Now experience this "haunting portrait of juvenile delinquency that ranks among the most powerful in American cinema" (Chicago Reader) from actor/director/co-writer Dennis Hopper as it's never been seen before: Linda Manz "gives one of the greatest teenage performances of all time" (Film Comment) as a 15-year-old who idolizes Elvis, punk rock and her ex-con father (Hopper), is surrounded by junkies and predators, and follows them all down a one-way road to oblivion. Sharon Farrell (THE STUNT MAN), Don Gordon (THE LAST MOVIE) and Raymond Burr co-star in "a film about extremes, directed by an extremist" (Time Out) featuring music by Neil Young, newly scanned in 4K from the original negative with more than 6 hours of Special Features.
- Audio Commentary With Director Dennis Hopper, Executive Producer Paul Lewis And Distributor John Alan Simon
- Audio Commentary With Film Scholar Kate Rennenbohm
- Audio Commentary With Film Writer Kat Ellinger
- Gone But Not Forgotten — Remembering Linda Manz: Critics, colleagues and fans pay tribute to Linda Manz, including Leif Garrett, Lydia Lunch, Bobby Gillespie (Primal Scream), Patty Schemel (Hole), Larry Schemel (Death Valley Girls), Weasel Walter (Flying
- Subverting Normality: Linda Manz Comes From Out Of The Blue — Video Essay By Amanda Reyes And Chris O’Neill
- Terminal City Blues — Vancouver Onscreen In OUT OF THE BLUE: A new video essay by Kier-La Janisse and Stephen Broomer
- MAINSTREET SOLDIER — A Short Film by Leonard Yakir
- Partial Commentary With Director Leonard Yakir On MAINSTREET SOLDIER
- Restoration Trailer
- Theatrical Trailer
- Jack Nicholson Radio Spot
- Newly scanned in 4K from the original negative
- Contains more than 6 hours of Special Features
- For fans of THE AMERICAN DREAMER
- For fans of THE LAST MOVIE
- For fans of EASY RIDER
A bitter, unforgettable poem about alienation... This movie escalates so relentlessly toward its violent, nihilistic conclusion that when it comes, we believe it.
—Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
A work of affecting intensity... The movie's wildness is well established long before its genuinely explosive ending.
—Janet Maslin, The New York Times
A haunting portrait of juvenile delinquency that ranks among the most powerful in American cinema.
One of the greatest teenage performances of all time.
If ever there was a movie about Sex & Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll, this is it. Extraordinary.
This film is a masterpiece.
A movie of rude, rough vitality...extraordinarily well-acted.
—Vincent Canby, The New York Times
A sharp shock to complacent faith in civilization.
Wholly compulsive... Graced with brilliant performances. Dennis Hopper brings intelligence to bear on the punk phenomenon!
—Sight & Sound