- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: CLO1758
- Format: DVD
- UPC: 889466175824
- Street Date: 06/30/20
- PreBook Date: 05/26/20
- Label: Cleopatra Entertainment »
- Genre: Drama
- Run Time: 90 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: 5.1 SURROUND
- Year of Production: 2020
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: WORLD EX GAS
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Taylor Clift as Ronnie Van Zant
- Ian Shultis as Artimus Pyle
- Navarone Garibaldi as Gary Rossington
- Sean McNabb as David Krebs
- Lelia Symington as Cassie Gaines
- Samuel Kay Forrest as Steve Gaines
- Nick Chandler as Leon Wilkeson
- Rich Daly III as Allen Collins
- Sierra Intoccio as Leslie Hawkins
- Director: Jared Cohn
- Producer: Brian Perera
- Producer: Tim Yasui
Street Survivors: The True Story Of The Lynyrd Skynyrd Plane Crash
The True Story of the Lynyrd Skynyrd Plane Crash
- List Price: $19.95
- Your Price: $19.95
- In Stock: 175
You must login to place orders.
In 1977, a plane carrying Southern rock legends LYNYRD SKYNYRD mysteriously runs out of gas mid-air en route to a concert, crashing into a dangerous Mississippi swamp while killing several of the band members, crew and both pilots. STREET SURVIVORS: The True Story of The Lynyrd Skynyrd Plane Crash tells the story thru one of the survivors, drummer Artimus Pyle, who not only survived the fatal crash (that claimed the life of the band's founder and front man Ronnie Van Zant amongst others), but who also bravely pulled the remaining survivors out of the plane wreckage before staggering towards the nearest farmhouse in rural Mississippi to seek help.
- For fans of LYNYRD SKYNYRD, Southern Rock Music and fans of musical biopics.
- National press coverage for the film already in Rolling Stone magazine along with Deadline, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter and many others!
- Comp to other recent music bio-pics including Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman, Judy
- Starring Ian Shultis (Save Me From Love), Sean McNabb ('Sons of Anarchy'), Tom Jenkins ('How To Get Away With Murder'), Kelly Lynn Reiter (The Hunger Games), Anthony Traina (Roman J. Israel, Esq.), and Mark Dippolito ('Shameless')
- Lynyrd Skynyd will be on the road this summer with their 'Last of the Street Survivors Farewell Tour' creating news and awareness for the film.
A heart-rending movie about a real life rock 'n' roll tragedy that pulls no punches and deserves the widest audience
Pretty entertaining... Pyle's intentions seem earnest, as does his love for the group and his fallen bandmates.
Produced on a small budget of $1.5 million, Street Survivors looks a lot more expensive. Some scenes are incredibly realistic and hard to watch at some points, more horror movie than music biopic.
Putting the viewer on the plane during and after plane crash is very intense and is really the film's crowning achievement. This is a story that many wanted to be told and it can now put to rest all the speculation surrounding the incident. Definitely a film that Skynyrd fans will find intriguing.
—Geek Vibes Nation
Skynyrd fans are the obvious target audience but the movie should also appeal to people who want to see a dramatic recreation of what happened before, during and after the plane crash.
The acting is quite solid throughout. Clift makes for an enigmatic Van Zant, and Shiltus does well as Pyle. The rest of the cast do a convincing-enough job to carry the picture as well.