- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: MVD12323BR
- Format: Blu-ray
- UPC: 760137123231
- Street Date: 09/26/23
- PreBook Date: 08/22/23
- Label: Visual Vengeance »
- Genre: Horror
- Run Time: 100 mins
- Number of Discs: 0
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1986
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot:
- Territory: WORLD
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Scott Davis as Cody
- Blue Thompson as Kelly
- Jude Johnson as Sarah
- Rex Morton as Brother Fogg
- Brad McCormick as Ike
- Director: Bret McCormick
The Abomination [Visual Vengeance Collector's Edition]
One of the most legendary and notorious VHS releases of the video store era, The Abomination enjoys its first time on Blu-ray in this Special Edition.
- List Price: $34.95
- Your Price: $34.95
- In Stock: 242
You must login to place orders.
Deep in the heart of rural Texas, a TV evangelist exorcises a tumor from the body of a loyal worshipper, who soon coughs up the growth. Unknown to her, the cancer is actually a carnivorous life form that slithers its way into her son Cody while he sleeps, growing inside him until he is completely under its control. Now Cody must feed the beast fresh victims to keep them both alive, as the monster grows out larger and larger, threatening to feast on everyone in its path. One of the most legendary and notorious VHS releases of the video store era, Bret McCormicks's Super 8 gorefest The Abomination enjoys its first ever release on Blu-ray with newly created bonus features and never before seen outtakes, images and more!
- Region Free Blu-ray
- New producer-supervised SD master from original tape source
- Limited Edition Slipcase by The Dude - FIRST PRESSING ONLY
- 12 page mini comic book - FIRST PRESSING ONLY
- Commentary with Director Bret McCormick, Rob Hauschild and Matt Desiderio of Visual Vengeance
- Commentary with Tony Strauss of Weng’s Chop Magazine
- “Monster Kid Movie Maverick” - Brand New, Feature-Length Bret McCormick Interview (2022)
- Actress Blue Thompson Interview (2022)
- Actress Victoria Chaney Interview (2022)
- Interview by producer Matt Devlen with The Abomination's Original VHS distributor: Michael Jack Shoel (Donna Michelle Productions) (2022)
- The Abomination - Filming Locations Tour (2022)
- Super 8 Outtakes and Raw Footage - Reel 1 curated by producer Matt Devlen
- Super 8 Outtakes and Raw Footage - Reel 2 curated by producer Matt Devlen
- Behind The Scenes “The Stairway”
- Behind The Scenes “Tumor Test”
- Image Gallery
- Interview with “The Abomination”
- Bret McCormick - Original Super 8 Films
- Visual Vengeance Trailer
- Bret McCormick Trailer Archive
- 6 page Booklet with Essay by Tony Strauss
- 'Stick Your Own' VHS Sticker Set
- Reversible Sleeve Featuring Original VHS Art
- Optional English subtitles
- Never before seen Super 8 outtakes and raw behind the scenes footage and images
- First time ever available on Blu-ray
- Limited Edition Slipcase by Tom Hodge (The Dude)
- Limited Edition 12-page Comic Book By Marc Gras
- From Cult Auteur Bret McCormick (Repligator, Hell's Highway, One Man War, Bio-tech Warrior)
- Highly requested title for Blu-ray; strong, legendary and world-wide cult status; key title from the 1980s video store days.
- Produced by Matt Devlen (The Invisible Maniac, Ozone, Body Parts, Cage 2, What Is It?)
- First time ever interview with VHS distributor Michael Jack Shoel (Donna Michelle Productions)
There is every other movie in the world and then there's The Abomination.
—B&S About Movies
The Abomination is a lo-fidelity symphony of bodily noise. It was my thing, my nasty, gloopy, scuzzy, lovely thing.
—Confluence of Cult
Quite a memorable little oddity with it's bible-infused weirdness, rivers of blood and odd sound effects.
—Girls, Guns and Ghouls
All the stars have to align just right to make something so unique and perfectly horrible as THE ABOMINATION. It's truly one of a kind.
The Abomination is a gut-churning experience in homemade extreme gorror at its finest.
—Lost Video Archive
The Abomination is one of those films that gets talked about in circles where people discuss bizarre and forgotten oddities of the VHS era.
The Abomination is a genuine abomination of surreal homegrown splatter filmmaking complete with droning synthesizers, library music, monotone acting and direction, and oodles of gore.
—Obscure Cinema 101
THE ABOMINATION is a little bit BASKET CASE, a little bit LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS and a little bit SHIVERS, with a few nods to ALIEN and BRAIN DAMAGE tossed in for good measure.
—You Have Died of Dysentery