- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: AV023
- Format: Blu-Ray/DVD
- UPC: 760137775997
- Street Date: 02/16/16
- PreBook Date: 01/12/16
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Horror
- Run Time: 86 mins
- Number of Discs: 2
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1985
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 30
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Matt Mitler
- Ruth Martinez
- Bill Hitchcock
- Director: Buddy Cooper
The Mutilator Blu Ray/DVD
BY SWORD. BY PICK. BY AXE. BYE BYE.
- List Price: $39.95
- Your Price: $39.95
- In Stock: 15
You must login to place orders.
BY SWORD. BY PICK. BY AXE. BYE BYE. Although the slasher film was in decline by the mid-1980s, there were still some grisly delights to be had... and they don't come much grislier than writer-director Buddy Cooper's sickening stalk-and-slash classic The Mutilator! When Ed receives a message from his father asking him to go and lock up the family's beach condo for the winter, it seems like the perfect excuse for an alcohol-fuelled few days away with his friends. After all, his dad has forgiven him for accidentally blowing mom away with a shotgun several years ago... hasn't he? But no sooner are the teens on the island than they find themselves stalked by a figure with an axe (and a hook, and an onboard motor) to grind... Originally entitled Fall Break (watch out for the incongruous theme song of the same name!), The Mutilator has earned a reputation amongst horror fans as one of the 'holy grails' of 80s splatter mayhem due to its highly inventive (and not to say, decidedly gruesome) kill sequences, courtesy of FX wizard Mark Shostrom (Videodrome, Evil Dead II). Finally making its long-awaited bow in High-Definition, The Mutilator has returned to terrorise a whole new generation of horror fans!
- Brand new 2K restoration of the unrated version from original vault materials
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original mono 1.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Introduction to the film with writer-director Buddy Cooper and assistant special make-up effects artist/assistant editor Edmund Ferrell
- Audio Commentary with Cooper, Ferrell, co-director John Douglass and star Matt Mitler
- Audio Commentary with Buddy Cooper and star Ruth Martinez Tutterow
- Fall Breakers: The Story of The Mutilator - brand new feature-length documentary on the making of the splatter classic featuring interviews with Cooper, Douglass, Ferrell, Mitler, actors Bill Hitchcock, Jack Chatham and more
- Mutilator Memories - special make-up effects artist Mark Shostrom looks back at one of his earliest projects
- Tunes for the Dunes - composer Michael Minard reveals how The Mutilator's unique score was created
- Behind-the-Scenes Reel
- Screen Tests
- Alternate Opening Titles
- Trailers and TV Spots
- 'Fall Break' Theme Song (Original and Instrumental Versions)
- Opening Sequence Storyboards
- Motion Stills Gallery
- Original Fall Break Screenplay (BD/DVD-ROM content)
- Reversible sleeve featuring two original artworks
- favorite with horror fans
- New special features and artwork
- Classic slasher
- Brand new 2K restoration from original vault materials
- Director approved
This flick has never looked better!
Thanks to Arrow, those FX look fantastic in 2K high definition, and with myriad extras to detail the production and legacy of THE MUTILATOR, this release becomes the standard for old school slasher Blu-rays.
Arrow Video releases this Blu-ray in fine form with a nice selection of extras, marking this truly unique, terrifically gory splatterpiece Highly Recommended.
a sick and twisted little gem and one that every slasher fan should enjoy
Following their loving releases of Mark of the Devil, Blood Rage and Society, this is another title many have been eagerly awaiting.
—Shock Till You Drop