- An MVD Exclusive
- SKU: AV440
- Format: 4K Ultra HD
- UPC: 760137104599
- Street Date: 06/28/22
- PreBook Date: 05/24/22
- Label: Arrow Video »
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Run Time: 119 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 1993
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot:
- Territory: US
- Language: English
Cast & Crew
- Christian Slater
- Patricia Arquette
- Dennis Hopper
- Val Kilmer
- Gary Oldman
- Brad Pitt
- Christopher Walken
- Bronson Pinchot
- Samuel L. Jackson
- Michael Rapaport
- Saul Rubinek
- James Gandolfini
- Victor Argo
- Chris Penn
- Tom Sizemore
- Kevin Corrigan
- Paul Ben-Victor
- Director: Tony Scott
True Romance [Limited Edition UHD]
- List Price: $59.95
- Your Price: $59.95
- In Stock: 3572
You must login to place orders.
STEALING. CHEATING. KILLING. WHO SAYS ROMANCE IS DEAD? In 1993, action movie supremo Tony Scott teamed up with a hot new screenwriter named Quentin Tarantino to bring True Romance to the screen, one of the most beloved and widely-quoted films of the decade. Elvis-worshipping comic book store employee Clarence Worley (Christian Slater) is minding his own business at a Sonny Chiba triple bill when Alabama Whitman (Patricia Arquette) walks into his life - and from then on, the two are inseparable. Within 24 hours, they're married and on the run after Clarence is forced to kill Alabama's possessive, psychopathic pimp. Driving a Cadillac across the country from Detroit to Hollywood, the newlyweds plan to sell off a suitcase full of stolen drugs to fund a new life for themselves... but little do they suspect that the cops and the Mafia are closing in on them. Will they escape and make their dream of a happy ending come true? Breathtaking action set pieces and unforgettably snappy dialogue combine with a murderers' row of sensational performances from a stunning ensemble cast in Scott and Tarantino's blood-soaked, bullet-riddled valentine, finally restored in dazzling 4K with hours of brilliant bonus features.
- New 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut from the original camera negatives by Arrow Films
- Limited Edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
- 60-page perfect-bound collectors’ booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Morgan and Nicholas Clement, a 2008 Maxim oral history featuring interviews with cast and crew, and Edgar Wright’s 2012 eulogy for Tony Scott
- Double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of both cuts
- Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Audio commentary by director Tony Scott
- Audio commentary by writer Quentin Tarantino
- Audio commentary by stars Christian Slater & Patricia Arquette
- Audio commentary by critic Tim Lucas
- Select scene commentaries by stars Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Brad Pitt and Michael Rapaport
- Brand new select scene commentaries by stars Bronson Pinchot and Saul Rubinek
- New interview with costume designer Susan Becker
- New interview with co-editor Michael Tronick
- New interview with co-composers Mark Mancina and John Van Tongeren
- New interview with Larry Taylor, author of Tony Scott: A Filmmaker on Fire
- Deleted scenes with optional commentary by Tony Scott
- Alternate ending with optional commentaries by Tony Scott and Quentin Tarantino
- Electronic press kit featurettes, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Tony Scott, Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper and Gary Oldman
- Trailers and TV spots
- Image galleries
- All-star cast includes Bratt Pitt, Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson & James Gandolfini
- First time on 4K
- From the writer of Pulp Fiction and the director of Top Gun
- On dozens of Top Ten Lists as one of the best films of the 1990s
A modern classic
—Tom Huddleston, Time Out
Immensely entertaining... genuinely romantic
Quentin Tarantino's dirty, funny and unpredictably violent genius
—Kate Muir, London Times
If True Romance were only a single scene – a short film – just a verbal sparring duel between Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper, it’d reign among the greatest shorts ever made.
—Matt Paprocki, DoBlu.com
...one of the best films of the late 20th century...this release from Arrow should be a welcome addition to your library, as it boasts excellent technical merits and Arrow's usual supply of outstanding supplements.
—Jeffrey Kauffmann, Blu-ray.com
Breathtaking action set pieces and unforgettably snappy dialogue combine with a murderers’ row of sensational performances from a stunning ensemble cast in Scott and Tarantino’s blood-soaked, bullet-riddled valentine, finally restored in dazzling 4K with hours of brilliant bonus features.
To say this is a masterpiece is an understatement.
(Director Tony) Scott was firing on all cylinders here and made a film that will be remembered for generations.
—James McDonald, Irish Film Critic
Those mad geniuses at Arrow have done it again. Their UHD edition of Tony Scott’s True Romance is the definitive edition of the film...and one of the gems of early 1990s cinema. Arrow Video has given it the 4K UHD package it deserves. Highest Possible Recommendations!!!
—A. W. Kautzer, The Movie Isle
True Romance is my favorite Quentin Tarantino film. This is so worth the 4K UHD upgrade.
—Joe Corey, Inside Pulse
True Romance makes its way to 4K UHD via an exceptional release from Arrow Films that comes with a solid audio and video presentation and a wealth of insightful extras, most notably an audio commentary with Quentin Tarantino, highly recommended.
—Michael Den Boer, 10k Bullets
Tarantino’s patented dialogue, combined with Scott’s casting choices and staging, resulted in a film that’s stood the test of time…
—Stephen Bjork, The Digital Bits
True Romance in its own right, is a classic film with a dedicated following.
—Ralph Potts, AVS Forum
...this is the best the film has looked since it first unspooled in theaters nearly 30 years ago. If you’re a fan, this is the pinnacle of True Romance on home video.
—Brad Cook, Flickering Myth
Arrow Video once again proves why they’re the big dogs in the boutique label market, and have released a stunning 4K UltraHD set, with an amazing amount of extras.
—Corey Danna, Horror Geek Life
...one of Scott’s best films and well deserving of the cult status it enjoys today.
—Free Kittens Movie Guide
...the film is laced with some of the highest-caliber actors in even the smallest roles so that the characters dazzle no matter what they do.
—Douglas Davidson, Elements of Madness
A masterful restoration packaged in a beautiful Arrow set with all the bonus features and collectibles one could ask for. Highly recommended.
—Brandon A. Duhamel, Theatre Byte
True Romance is one big head rush, a bubble-gum movie packed with quirky characters and moving at the speed of a ricocheting pinball.
—Matt Brunson, The Film Frenzy
...one of the most impressive 4K releases I’ve reviewed recently.
—Kent Conrad, Cinema Sentries
…ferocious performances by a remarkable cast anchored by Gary Oldman, Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper…
—Paul Gaita, The LA Beat
If you are a fan of the film, get excited because the restoration/special releases experts, Arrow Video, have put together one terrific, limited release 4K set that only Arrow Video could.
—Allison Rose, Flick Direct
Deleted scenes, an alternate ending, assorted EPK materials and interviews, image galleries and additional behind-the-scenes materials make for a must-have for fans.
—Andre Dursin, The Aisle Seat
...a terrific release. Must Own.
—Matthew Hartman, High-Def Digest
Tony Scott’s immensely entertaining adaptation of the Quentin Tarantino tale of newlyweds (Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette) on the run from Chicago to Los Angeles…
...one of the most beloved and widely-quoted films of the decade. Breathtaking action set pieces and unforgettably snappy dialogue combine with a murderers' row of sensational performances from a stunning ensemble cast in Scott and Tarantino's blood-soaked, bullet-riddled valentine, finally restored in dazzling 4K with hours of brilliant bonus features.
—Harley Lond, Film Crave