- An MVD Exclusive
- Version: 20th Anniversary Edition
- SKU: STS-184
- Format: LP
- UPC: 616967902372
- Street Date: 04/22/23
- PreBook Date: 03/18/23
- Label: Ship To Shore Media »
- Genre: Pop/Rock
- Run Time: 45:12 mins
- Number of Discs: 1
- Audio: STEREO
- Year of Production: 2023
- Region Code: 0
- Box Lot: 75
- Territory: WORLD
Warren Zevon - The Wind
This 20th Anniversary Edition of The Wind celebrates Warren Zevon's life, legacy and amazing final album
- List Price: $34.99
- Your Price: $34.99
- In Stock: -85
You must login to place orders.
BLACK VINYL. Released in 2003 to critical acclaim, "The Wind" is the final album from Warren Zevon, released just one month before the legendary rockstar's death. 2023 marks both the 20th anniversary of the album's release and Zevon's passing. The album features the Zevon classics "Dirty Life and Times" and "Keep Me in Your Heart" as well as guest spots by Bruce Springsteen, Jackson Browne, Tom Petty, Emmylou Harris and Joe Walsh.
This 20th Anniversary Edition of "The Wind" has been remastered for vinyl from original source materials at Echo Mastering, supervised by original producers Noah Snyder and Jorge Calderón. It also features an expansive, color booklet featuring track-by-track liner notes by Snyder and Calderón as well as never-before-seen session pictures and ephemera.
- 20th Anniversary Edition
- Won the Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Folk Album
- 'Disorder in the House', performed by Zevon with Bruce Springsteen, won the Grammy for Best Rock Vocal Performance (Group or Duo)
- Also comes with an expansive, color booklet featuring track-by-track liner notes by Snyder and Calderón as well as never-before-seen session pictures and ephemera
- Features guest spots by Bruce Springsteen, Jackson Browne, Tom Petty, Emmylou Harris and Joe Walsh
- Remastered for vinyl from original source materials and supervised by original producers Noah Snyder and Jorge Calderón
- Features the Zevon classics 'Dirty Life and Times' and 'Keep Me in Your Heart'
- Warren Zevon's Final Album
'Once heard, its unflinching songs of life, death and the places in between are hard to shake off, like all its creator's works.'
—Ian Harrison, Mojo Magazine (May, 2020)
'...it seems unlikely that anyone who hears The Wind is liable to forget.'
—Alexis Petridis, https://www.theguardian.com/music/2003/sep/12/popa
'[Zevon was] brilliant, witty, infused with rock and roll to the core, coming up with killer lines unequalled by anyone in the lyric writing game: such is the stuff of The Wind...'
—Brian Miller, https://www.vivascene.com/warren-zevon-the-wind-16